1962 house with a special roof framing

I hope that you can see the picture.

First of all, let’s establish terms that we will all understand: There are the front and the back of the house (self explanatory), then the left side (while facing the front of the house) and the right side (in my case, the side with the carport). Rafters: Internal beams extending from the eaves to the peak of a roof and constituting its framework. Ceiling joists: The horizontal members that provide a structure to fix the ceiling.

Second of all, my rafters are not running from the eaves to the peak but 90’ degrees off (from the front of the house to the back of the house). They are parallel to the peak. Are they still called rafters?

Third, there is a huge post right in the center of the house which extend to the peak of the roof and two big beams are going from the center of the house to the middle of the left and right side walls. The ‘‘rafters’’ are setting on top of those two beams and two very low pitch A frames, one over the front wall and one over the back walls. What is that structure called?

Is my roof a saltbox or a gable roof or any other type of roof?

Does it require a supporting wall or just that big post in the center of the house?

Thank you very much!

In my area a salt box is a roof line that drops from a two story to a single story. Some of the 70s and 80s contemporary style with a steep pitch in the front and a low slope to the rear.
Your framing is what we would consider purlins on top of a beam. You don’t really have a rafter from eave to ridge. These homes, in my area, didn’t have much attic and everyone of them had tar and gravel roofs.

I rehabbed one like that. Was a WWII govt modular on a slab. Had 6" of wood fiberboard and a gravel BUR