50 year 4 tabs in xactimate

what are those things listed under, anyone got the code?

I’ve never seen a 50 year 4 tab. All the 4 tabs I’ve ever seen were actually rated at 25 year. We were generally successful however at getting them approved as 30 year (due to being a designer shingle, therefore an upgrade from a 25 year 3 tab) or as a 25 year heavy weight since they did weigh slightly more than a 25 year 3 tab. The 25 year heavy weight pays almost as well as the 30 year laminated.

ill doctor something up, thanks.

are you using acculynx or xact link?

Do you mean Xactimate? Were 4 tabs a 50 year shingle, I would think the standard 50 year shingle line item (RFG 500 I think) would be used. We’ve replaced over 50 4 tabs in Indiana and I’ve never seen one that was more than a 25 year. We got all the data sheets from Certainteed to research it. Perhaps there is a 4 tab shingle I’m unaware of. If they’re the same as we had installed in Indiana, it would take a seriously naive adjuster to not see they aren’t 50 year shingles. Good luck in your efforts.

I had a Farmer’s adjuster try to tell me once that the hail hits on window screens were probably just birds flying into the window causing the damage. Of course the descriptive metaphor I had for her wasn’t exactly “naive.”

[quote=“dstew66”]

I had a Farmer’s adjuster try to tell me once that the hail hits on window screens were probably just birds flying into the window causing the damage. Of course the descriptive metaphor I had for her wasn’t exactly “naive.”[/quote]

She must have gotten her training from that a$$hat on the TV Commercial at Farmers U. LOL dstew, good point. However, I do find most of them unfamiliar with the 4 tab do go back and do some research to figure out what it was.

Never heard of a 50 yr 4-tab anywhere in the country

and the metaphor was what?

Don’t know the code- but GAF Camelot is a 4 tab laminated, and until the upgrade stickers they were considered 50 year.

Colorful.

While technically you may be correct, I’ve never seen what people traditionally call a “4 tab” be a laminated shingle, they are always composition shingles.

Camelot is what they were, I let a sales rep post the question without figuring out what he was doing first