Aerial CADs coming back incorrect

Has anyone else had this problem? I’ve had probably 5 of 6 jobs averaging 35 squares. I’ve bought Aerialogics and Eagleview reports and the amount of squares actually installed are 3 to 5 sq more than the CADs are showing. We’ve used 3 different roofing crews so I’m pretty sure they all aren’t stealing squares. Call me crazy but I’m beginning to think the insurance companies are somehow influencing the accuracy of the CADs.

PM me one of the addresses and I’ll do a satellite quote for you to see if my number matches theirs…

1. Zatol

Could even be a remote service you provide contractors and consumers.

Please contact us/me personally - catcontractor@gmail.com

Could be more a question of the waste factor the adjuster used rather than the actual squares off.

Case in point: a 35.5 square roof with a 10% waste factor making it 39.33.
Actual squares purchased were 43.33 - a 22% waste factor. Using the spreadsheet someone here shared (I think it was Authentic Dad), 43.33 was the number of squares predicted.

Eagleview probably close to correct. Waste factor used way off.

[quote=“kendge”]Could be more a question of the waste factor the adjuster used rather than the actual squares off.

Case in point: a 35.5 square roof with a 10% waste factor making it 39.33.
Actual squares purchased were 43.33 - a 22% waste factor. Using the spreadsheet someone here shared (I think it was Authentic Dad), 43.33 was the number of squares predicted.

Eagleview probably close to correct. Waste factor used way off.[/quote]

Not following - Are you referring to field shingles cut waste, hip and ridge trim, and starter, in your 43.33 sq. “case in point” calculation of a 35.5/39.33 square job?

If your paying your subs by the square there is an obvious incentive for them to install more squares.

Insurance paid 10% waste on 35.5 squares. Because the roof was so cut up the actual number was closer to 42.33 squares which was accurately predicted by Dads spreadsheet that accounts for starter, valley, hip and ridge

hey guys,

you might want to give site visit for ipad a try. Its a full roof take-off app from aerial photos as well as photo reports for repairs among other things.

view tutorials/demos at anymonkey.ca