Ahhhhh mold and wet plywood in the attic,, 4yr old roof

Well i would add a bathroom vent in the home. I call them as i see them. Im in the business to sell and when the home is not up to specs it is my job to point out what is wrong or missing and deal with it. I would have to see the home to make a judgement call on what to sell them. I dont know enough about the home to know exactly what they need i can not see the home. When i estimate a job i do a complete estimate of everything not just shingles. As the other moisture problem post has shown anyone can install shingles.

Hi,

I gave you the solution to the problem.

Anything more would have been unneeded to correct the problem.

If they wanted to do everything else that is fine. But to tell them they needed all those upgrades to correct the problem is a lie.

SO let me get this straight adding a bathroom vent is not needed. Are you serious. Also adding insulation never is a bad thing.

Hi,

I am not saying not to add anything.

The solution to the problem was to tell the person to stop taking long showers.

Anything else is not fixing the problem. It is an extra not needed. I

If the customer wanted those things. I would install them.

However, I will not lie to them and tell them they needed those things.

I have to watch my son. He read everything you did. Went to the semminars on ventilation. They sold him on the cure-all aproach to ventaltion like they did you.

Kevin,

What lefty asked earlier, and this is the part youre missing…how does insulation keep moisture out of the attic? This is the key question.

Ventilation is good, yes, but prevention is better than treating the symptoms.

By not allowing heat from the living area into the attic.