Are gaf shingles selector colors accurate?

I chose the Autumn brown color for the royal sovereign shingle in the shingle selector but it doesn’t look like the shingle at all.

The shingle sample i have is more red. So is Gafs thing right? Will the roof look more brown or red when its up?
Anyone got any ideas?

I am putting it on a tan brick house and wanted some contrast…like a dark brown or dark grey.
My other option was charcoal?
thanks

your roofer or supplier should be able to get you a full size sample board…or buy 1 bundle and spread a few shingles out on the roof first.

What Marshall said.

Often, as a courtesy, we will bring over a bundle (or three) of different color shingles and make a full sized swatch on the roof for the customer. The colors on the sample boards are good but it always looks different, on your house, in the sun, from an angle, etc.
We don’t want to be done with a job and have the customer look at the roof, only to say, “That’s not the color I wanted.” Most of the work around here is word of mouth and that one unhappy customer (your fault or not) can cost you dozens of jobs in the long run.

If you choose your color inside it won’t look exactly the same as it will outside. It is best to choose your color in the sunlight and with at least a full sample board featuring the color your interested in on the board.

As mentioned, get a few full size shingles from your local distributor and put them on the roof. Stand back (after you get off the ladder or roof) and look at them in place. While you are at it, note the color of the trim on your house to see if it blends with the shingles.Often the trim color can make a perfectly good shingle look terrible on the roof.
Color brochures and even sample boards don’t necessarily match the actual shingle color blend. Shingles have lots of color blends and often a sample board doesn’t reflect the full range of color.

Thanks guys. I called the roofer he is bringing over samples to put on the roof.

Its amazing how much these things change color in sunlight.

keep in mind you`re looking at a tiny piece of a color blended shingle,you could be looking at the light part,the dark part???

[quote=“donl”]As mentioned, get a few full size shingles from your local distributor and put them on the roof. Stand back (after you get off the ladder or roof) and look at them in place. While you are at it, note the color of the trim on your house to see if it blends with the shingles.Often the trim color can make a perfectly good shingle look terrible on the roof.
Color brochures and even sample boards don’t necessarily match the actual shingle color blend. Shingles have lots of color blends and often a sample board doesn’t reflect the full range of color.[/quote]

hahaha…when did you start giving advice? 8)

Hi,

Ask the roofing contractor for a house close by that he installed Autumn Brown.

Go look at the house. You will see exactly what the roof will look like.