Are roof material costs going up?

our news here said roofing costs have doubled in one year, is this right ?? If so why ??

not trying to be sarcastic, or mean… but have you been living under a rock since last may?

for having over 200 posts on this site you sure are behind :wink: roofing materials are double the cost of May 2008. But have held steady for about 60 days.

They say it’s because of the price of oil… I pay $17 a bundle for 3-tab and $19 for 30 year laminate. Those are the best prices I could find…

Marshall, speak for yourself. We went up in VA beginning of April. Or is my salesman playing tricks on me? HMMMMMMMMM

where the hell are you getting those prices?

and what brand?

where are you located?

i hope you are pulling my chain.

No chain pulling here!

I’m located in the GTA. They’re the Owens Corning 25 year Duration (16.98 per bundle), and 30 year OakRidge 18.98 per bundle).

I buy from an independent distributor north of the city.

[quote=“Agape”]

where the hell are you getting those prices?

and what brand?

where are you located?

i hope you are pulling my chain.[/quote]

[quote=“Jballan”]No chain pulling here!

I’m located in the GTA. They’re the Owens Corning 25 year Duration (16.98 per bundle), and 30 year OakRidge 18.98 per bundle).

I buy from an independent distributor north of the city.
[/quote]

Ummmm, you might want to check your numbers again as Durations don’t come in a 25yr. Do you mean 25 year supremes?

what is the “GTA”??

how bout a city/state. lol

and thats cheap. 30 year GAF or Tamko are $25 a bundle here

Just looked at last weeks invoice for an Oakridge pro30 AR $29.82 per bundle before tax.

http://www.21softs.com/emoticons/images/blowup.gif

I might be taking a trip out your way!

i take that back.

looking at today’s invoice, im at $27.44 a bundle for the 30s now.

grrrr

GTA = Grand Theft Auto?

http://www.21softs.com/emoticons/images/g.gif

Wow we pay $16/bundle for Pabco or Certainteed 30yrs

[quote=“selfemployedslave”]Just looked at last weeks invoice for an Oakridge pro30 AR $29.82 per bundle before tax.

http://www.21softs.com/emoticons/images/blowup.gif

I might be taking a trip out your way![/quote]

Wow. You guys are getting ripped off! Here is an invoice from last week:

GTA = Greater Toronto Area, Canada.

thats $18.98 for a bundle of 30 year in CANADIAN dollars!!

so its like $16 USD!!!

WTF!!

end of march, i was paying $28.01 for a bundle of 30 year GAF. its gone down a little since then

[quote=“Agape”]thats $18.98 for a bundle of 30 year in CANADIAN dollars!!

so its like $16 USD!!!

WTF!![/quote]

That doesn’t make any sense - especially since the shingles I buy were manufactured in the States. The average price for 30 year up here is $22 + tax. I’m not sure why the place I buy from is so much cheaper, but they are. I’m not complaining, I’m winning most of my bids because I’m able to offer home owners the 30 year laminate at the price my competitors are quoting 25 year 3-tab. :smiley:

EYE HAYT YEW

Come now, Agape. That’s not very loving, is it? :wink:

lol. :lol: