Astec?

Disney uses Polyurea on all their walkways to the wet rides, parking structures and in thier food courts as a Non skid. They use hydro stop on the roofs.

Ya know some people think if they have the tools they are entitled to be contractors, even when they have barely a clue on how to use them and know nothing about how to run a business. I mean… I can buy a ferrari but that doesnt make me race car driver by default.

Of course Im not referring to the contractor at Disney. He is one of the best Ive seen at Polyurea. My last post was in response to 2 distinct issues.

[quote=“samskii”]Disney uses Polyurea on all their walkways to the wet rides, parking structures and in thier food courts as a Non skid. They use hydro stop on the roofs.

Ya know some people think if they have the tools they are entitled to be contractors, even when they have barely a clue on how to use them and know nothing about how to run a business. I mean… I can buy a ferrari but that doesnt make me race car driver by default.[/quote]

:smiley:

Why do they go top o’ the line on everything but the roofs?

thats funny the roofs i put on @both disneyland and disneyworld were sarnafil roofs ,72 mil fully adhered,royal blue in color.the roofs in hawaii and guam i installed were cooley,and durolast.

Out of sight, out of mind. I remember doing a high-rise condo in Silver Spring, Maryland a few years back, and they spent over $20 per square foot on carpet, but tried to cut costs by putting on a $4 square foot rubber roof. The condos were a million dollars plus, and the roof is where the builder chose to cut his budget. :roll:

funny? sarnofil is a fine product and all are big places. I never said the products were exclusive. Just very popular. We still spec BUR in certain applications at all of these places. I think the value is greater in a sustainable system. PVC, TPO, EPDM, are not sustainable all by themselves. They need some type of Fluid applied to achieve that. These all have finite lifespans. So if you have a fluid applied that is a sustainable roof you dont need the other products. It is a value engineering thing. It hasnt quite caught on yet in mainstream roofing but as the products get better and better it most certainly will. Heard of LEED, USGBC? Title24 ? You will.

If you want a good look into those programs, try out NRCA SpecRight.

SpecRight begat my interest in sustainability