Aura vent?

Hello,
I’m replacing a roof on a 1600 SF ranch style house that currently has 2 old turbine vents. I’ve been researching the options to see what else is available and the aura vents look interesting. They claim to have the same free air as a comparable turbine,but no moving parts. Only reservation about them is that i cannot find much information (reviews, etc.) about them except for whatever is provided by the manufacturer.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

roofvents.com/Aurabrochure.pdf

Thanks alot
Marshall

Why not use ridge vent if re-doing roof?

[quote=“marshallv”]Hello,
I’m replacing a roof on a 1600 SF ranch style house that currently has 2 old turbine vents. I’ve been researching the options to see what else is available and the aura vents look interesting. They claim to have the same free air as a comparable turbine,but no moving parts. Only reservation about them is that i cannot find much information (reviews, etc.) about them except for whatever is provided by the manufacturer.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

roofvents.com/Aurabrochure.pdf

Thanks alot
Marshall[/quote]

I haven’t used them, but I did look at the web link you provided. They are suggesting using their vents at a 1:600 ratio of NFA to area vented. This is half the minimum required by most manufacturers.

I also think you look into ridge vent, presuming you have enough horizontal ridge to get enough RV on there to work.