Best sealant to use around elect riser

I have an electric riser coming out of my garage roof. It loos like it was caulked around it with silver fiberglass roof cement.

What is the best thing to use here ? the shingles are up tight to the pipe. I would like to run a bead of like solar seal or something. Ideas ?

if you cant put a boot on it then flex seal it,i like that stuff

Scrape off that junk and get some Geocel 2300 in any color you like. We do it all the time. Nice fresh bead around storm collar and at roof/flashing base.

We usually use Np1,but in a case like that I would find the right boot(if possible).I hate relying on sealants if I can avoid it.

NP1 is one of my favorites. I would use it daily, but Geocel is so much better to stock, for us.

He may need a steep slope boot, there is a difference.

geocell shrinks

cant boot it with the wires and weather head on right ? Also the roof is done so I dont wannna tear it up ??

Geocel cracks/deteriorates over a couple of years.

NP-1 (urethane) works well.

Hopefully the pipe/mast has a flashing on it and not just caulking.

A few suppliers make a split type pipe boot/flashing that will enable you to make it water-tight without having the electric company come out to temporarily remove the cable clamp.

Split a lead jack, wrap it around and caulk it with Geo 2300, PE-150 or NP-1

hate geocell, Tremco Dymonic is exellent and tools well. urethene is generally the best sealant but like they said its better to not have to reley on it

If I split a boot i would have to pull up shingles right ? Id rather not disrupt anything . It goes thru the overhang off my garage and doesnt leak now

where can I buy a tube of grey flex seal ?? Can I also use this on the nail head on the vent ride on the last shingle ?

I’ve never used flex seal,but I use np1 for applications like that

Humm it says NP1 should not come in contact with asphalt or tar, But I can use it on shingles ??

NP 1 should not come in contact with oil-base caulking, silicone sealants, polysulphides, fillers impregnated with oil, asphalt, or tar.
NP 1 can be painted over provided it is fully cured. When painting over any elastomeric sealant, use a paint that is also elastomeric (if movement occurs, the paint will also move). An alternative to painting is applying NP 1 in one of its standard colours.

Vulkem

where do I buy it

West end sells a two piece base flashing for meter loops and you seal that to the pipe

AGAIN, I would have to tear up the shingles ???

[quote=“cvcman”]Humm it says NP1 should not come in contact with asphalt or tar, But I can use it on shingles ??

NP 1 should not come in contact with oil-base caulking, silicone sealants, polysulphides, fillers impregnated with oil, asphalt, or tar.
NP 1 can be painted over provided it is fully cured. When painting over any elastomeric sealant, use a paint that is also elastomeric (if movement occurs, the paint will also move). An alternative to painting is applying NP 1 in one of its standard colours.[/quote]

Is there asphalt on the granules?I was talking two dabs for the exposed nails on the last cap,not gooing the whole roof with it.Whats the worst case scenario?Put another dab on?Thats what I have on hand,thats what I use.It aint gonna eat a hole in the roof. :?

Pourable sealer, just be carefull & neat about it. Make a lil pitch pocket out of ductape, you should be able to peel off the ductape in a day or two. You will never have to worry about it again. Be careful around that electrical service, sometimes they tape the burndy connectors and they work thru the tape. I got shocked by one in Miami in 1992 after Andrew. Let me tell ya, youll never fell so alive & energenic til you been hit w/ that. Aint no curcuit breakers on them babies! Goodluck!