Bostich gun not working in the morning

All of a sudden my Bostitch guns(3 of them) won’t work until they’ve been in the sun 30-45 min. I figure mouisture has something to do with it.My Max runs fine in the same circumstances,also I have a dryer and a regular filter on the compressor.

Thats because for real roofing Bostich sucks. Friends don’t let Friends use anything other than Hitachi . :o

Geeeezzz,that is the second post about Bostich in a couple months.,I would sell it,trade it,pawn it,smash it,scrap it,paper weight,door stopper,tire chauk,break your window when keys are locked,give it to a homeless guy,give it to an enemy,sell it to your competition or something.Is that a blow dryer???

Nice reply RooferJ,hahahaha

hahaha yup well said

Hello,

It problably needs a good stiff cup of coffee. That is what wakes me up in the morning. :biggrin:

Bostitch worked good for me in Virginia , morning, noon, and night. When I moved to Alaska my Bostitch guns wouldn’t work for crap. I switched to Hitachi and never had a problem. I also use a Max with no problems.

Keith

Bostich are the only guns that have never given me problems. Everything else has been terrible.

Put a few drops of oil in it in the morning and you are good to go no matter the temperature.

I 100% disagree with ya Bam. Last two Bostitch guns I had were fair-weather guns, they only worked in fair weather. A cool morning and they were taking time off. No amount of oil could get them going in the morning.

I say again as I did in other post…The Senco SCN40 is the best all around gun. A little slow but seats every nail correctly in normal operations.

You can’t buy them anymore because senco listens to the roofers who want faster guns (they were buying Bostitch and hitachi).

Senco manf. their new guns to compete in this market.

So much for quality…

[quote=“Roofer Gee”] Senco SCN40 is the best all around gun.
[/quote]

Yep, I remember that one Roofer Gee,still stuck on that Senco are you,hahahahaha

I have one max and it is the best gun I’ve ever owned .Looks like I’m gonna have to break down and buy a couple of them.I Just wondered if something inside is “sticking” due to moisture or what.

Hitachi only way to go. here in northern Ont. Canada we use them and abuse them. great in in the freezing cold ( I’ve used them in -40c running a mixture of antifreeze and oil through the lines) in the pouring rain and extreme heat. I’ve been pi$$ed off slammed them on the roof used them as hammers, put them threw the ringer. expensive but reliable even dropped one in a lake once. fairly easy to fix if you know what your doing just an all around great tool :badgrin:

Hahaha…

Hmm, I really must be the only one who has never had major problems with a bostich. I have had numerous problems with everything Hitachi though.

Senco, the only good thing about them is the swivel head, the rest is crap considering they got plastic guts,
Bostich…lol
Hitachi, makes to much damn noise.
Max, not one problem yet and its been 3.5yrs I’ve been using it…

[quote=“kage”]
…[/quote]

Hey Kage,I bought the Borla catback dual exhaust for my hitachi,Runs and sounds like a champ :shock:

[quote=“Roofmaster417”]

[quote=“kage”]
…[/quote]

Hey Kage,I bought the Borla catback dual exhaust for my hitachi,Runs and sounds like a champ :shock:[/quote]

oh roofmaster roofmaster I;m talking about the AIR noises it makes everytime ya shoot it.

[quote=“kage”]

[quote=“Roofmaster417”]

Hey Kage,I bought the Borla catback dual exhaust for my hitachi,Runs and sounds like a champ :shock:
oh roofmaster roofmaster I;m talking about the AIR noises it makes everytime ya shoot it.[/quote]

I hear ya,

I almost guarantee your problem will cease if you try Redline air tool oil or the Lucas air tool oil. After one day using them it wll have flushed out the other high friction lube and the next morn. they should start right up nailing normally.