Bostitch coil nailers wont shoot in morning?

I have 4 bostitch guns that are “sticking” in the mornings any idea why? I have a max that has no problems on the same compressor .the guns were rebuilt less than 2 months ago.also I considered moisture but I use 2 separate filters/dryers.

That is the reason I got rid of my bostitch guns, too unreliable. My last one was the same way. I had to warm it up in my truck for it to work properly. Or take the cap off every morning just to make sure nothing was blocking it.

I wish I could offer some way of fixing it, but like I said, after $100 for a rebuild and then dealing with this, I just tossed the gun and bought a MaxAir tool.

Show up at 12:00pm.,

Sounds like you bought the new guns built for the young folks getting into the trade.
They dont want to start to early, need plenty of unscheduled breaks, and must leave early for a varity of reasons.
Last I heard all manufacturers will be revamping all their tools to cater to this new breed as us old roofers will be retiring or dying off in the next 10-15 years. :lol:

Do you oil the gun everyday?

I have never had this problem with any Bostitch gun I have ever used or owned.

If you tried to clean the guns at some point with a solvent without taking it apart it is possible that some of the gunk was broken down by the solvent and worked its way up into the gun.

This is all that I can think of, I’ve never experienced the issue you are describing with any pneumatic nailer.

This has happened to me several times…I believe it is the cold air that affects them.

My fix…

1. Hold the gun in one hand while pressing the trigger

2. Place the nose of the gun on the deck and then angle it upwards toward the ridge @ 45 degree angle from the deck (keep engaging the nose on the deck

3. Now hold every thing in place and attach your air hose

4. The driver should move…do this several time until get full operation

You have to reset the internal clock. They’re probably on the default Chinese time zone.

Tumpline,That is funny,too bad its true.

Roofer Gee,that is alot of steps to take just to get your nail gun going.But if its o.k with you then its your business.

Self ES thats funny as well.I was going to say something about the east and west coast time zones or the fall back time change for the fall but did not want to sound like a smart**.

I really liked Bostitch when the N12 was a hot item.Then they came out with the N45 RidgeRunner and I thought that was a really good hard hitting nail gun.

When I blew out my seals on the RidgeRunner I purchased a Hitachi and have not looked back since.I am interested in a Max though.

If I cannot hook my gun up to air and be able to use it without a list of things to do to make my nail gun work then I will buy one that will do what I want.But winters her are pretty cold but not as cold as some.

If I were in a zone that had sub zero temps/wind chills and was forced to work the cold then I am sure I would have issues with any nail gun.

Maxs are awsome, have never had a breakdown.

Just curious does the Max have any plastic parts? Every piece of equipment has either common quirks or problems with design.

Have you ever had issues with your gun ? Like I said, I understand that nothing is 100% but what are negative things you have experienced with Max ?

I have access to Hitachi parts (feeder springs, O rings) locally,how difficult is it to pick up parts for a Max? And what parts are notorius for being worn out quickly ?,.if any? Thanks

[quote=“Roofer Gee”]This has happened to me several times…I believe it is the cold air that affects them.

My fix…

2. Place the nose of the gun on the deck and then angle it upwards toward the ridge @ 45 degree angle from the deck (keep engaging the nose on the deck

3. Now hold every thing in place and attach your air hose

4. The driver should move…do this several time until get full operation[/quote]

Here is a fix.
Use Hitachi

2. Install roof.
  3. Collect your money

Nah man, I’ve used my Max is negative temps many times. Just use winter oil and it’s fine. The old Bostitch didn’t like cold air.

The nail holder, the trigger, and the safety switch are plastic. The rest of the gun is metal.

I have had my gun for 2.5 years now and I haven’t opened it once. The only negative I can think of is it doesn’t come with rubber bumper pads on the cap, so it will slide on 5/12 plywood. Oh, and I removed the swivel connector, kept coiling up my hose.

I can order parts through the local Lance Bissett office, they service Bostitch and Max tools. If you buy your tool at a “tool place” as opposed to a big box store, they can usually get the parts you need.

I give my gun 3-4 drops of oil per 10sq, use summer and winter oils respectively and it works like a charm.

Use Red Line synthetic air tool oil and it will no longer stick.

One more thing-they were likely rebuilt using o-ring grease which is GREASE and very sticky.

**Roofmaster417 …My favorite gun is the Senco SCN40 with the beak as it lays down the nails about perfectly 98% of the time. (no other gun can give you that high of a rating…and don’t bother trying to argue the point! ** I know as I have worked with all the other guns as well) It has a depth gauge as well. The gun is slow to recoil, and the beak is usually the first part to break.

I use the bostich for installing the ridge/vented ridge. AQnd have seen them stick in cold weather.

[quote=“Roofer Gee”]Roofmaster417 (no other gun can give you that high of a rating…and don’t bother trying to argue the point

I don’t have any plans to debate the quality of a nailgun,hahahaha,

As long as we ALL can agree that the Ford F450 is the best truck ever built,Oh yeah and the PowerStroke Turbo that makes it go, LMAO[/quote]

Agreed…