Came across Eagleview ad

The local eagle view looking for people to become “measuring Techs”…but pay starts out at $13 and hr

HELPFUL EXPERIENCE:
Roofing
3D Modeling
AutoCAD
Architectural Design
Some College Preferred

No…am not supporting there ad. Just though it was ironic that they pay so low and want all the experience.

When I look at a lot of their reports, they look like someone who was paid $13 per hour did them. For them to offer reports at the prices they do, they can’t be paying the techs very much money. I’ve done quite a few reports for myself using Pictometry images and RoofCAD. You don’t do a 16 slope multi level roof in 10 minutes.

we prefer geoestimater

We prefer a ladder and tape… 8)

If your doing a lot of cut up roofs with lots of slopes it makes sense to use geoestimator or pictometry.

Ladder and Tape is always the preferred method but with some of the large buildings and houses my largest contractor does it can take 3-6 hours to measure so time better spent selling.

I get more salesmen when super busy, just dont trust a eye in the sky…one little f up and it could cost ya…

I highly recommend GeoEstimator. On certain jobs, I could not imagine getting out a tape to measure it. So far, it has been deadly accurate except for some few small errors. For example, it was short one valley and extra on another.

Try it one time on a hard one. It will save you money.

Only did one roof with eagle view and was 2 sq short. It was an insurance fire job and you couldn’t walk on half the roof and the rest was covered in 2ft of snow.

Farmers uses eagle view on all roof claims. Did a comparison on a small house recently and they were within a bundle of what my tape measure read.

I’m a roofing consultant & primarily work on large commercial roofing projects; however I do several (150+) failure investigations on residential structures for insurance companies per year. Prior to going to the site to perform a roof survey, where I need to produce a roof plan with the location of all penetrations, I use Google SketchUp Pro to perform a roof sketch. Last job I did was a 250,000 square foot shopping center. When on site I verified my measurements from my SketchUp roof plan and was only off only a few inches per perimeter measurement. I was able to create an accurate roof plan with all penetration in 6 hours (1.5 hours at the office, 4.5 on the job site). This would have taken me around 12 hours if I would have started from scratch at the job site.

On residential jobs I do the same thing & have cut the time spent measuring in half. My pre-measurements are very accurate.

There are some that I still measure by hand, but somtimes when Im real busy or when its cut up, geoestimater just makes good sence. So far it has been very accurate.

We recently had 4 Adjuster meetings, with the same Adjuster, in one day where multiple measurements on every roof. All of the measurements we used to sketch the roofs in Xactimate were taken from Pictometry. The worst error was 1’. These were all cut up multi-level hip roofs. We had two on Friday that were in rural areas where the Pictometry images were limited and taken at a higher elevation. The measurements were still dead on, worst error was 6". We’ve been using Pictometry for two months now, I’m confident enough in the accuracy that we’re not taking any physical measurements at this point.

How is Pictometry set up for billing? Is it unlimited monthly or ?

I believe you can do hourly or by the year. I don’t believe there was a monthly payment plan. We purchased the one year unlimited.

pictomotry is hourly. If you are certified by GAF and buy 50 hrs they will match and you get 50 hrs free. Still cost 1100 dollars. You have 1 year to use the hours

[quote=“Roofer Gee”]The local eagle view looking for people to become “measuring Techs”…but pay starts out at $13 and hr

HELPFUL EXPERIENCE:
Roofing
3D Modeling
AutoCAD
Architectural Design
Some College Preferred

No…am not supporting there ad. Just though it was ironic that they pay so low and want all the experience.[/quote]

WTF do you need college for?

That’s true, however, if you’re going to use it a lot, it’s better to buy the yearly unlimited license. $2,000 and you can have multiple log ins, just one simultaneous user. Then you don’t have to worry about watching the clock or any GAF rebates.