Came in at a better price

This is just my slight rant. Boy is it fun to hear “well my uncle’s sister’s friend said he could do it cheaper, so I went with him.”

You get what you pay for.
Here is a good one for everyone. I did an estimate about 3 months back, the guy liked everything I had to offer. It was about 20 square, tear off 3 tabs and replace with 30 year arcs. So he calls the next day and says “I would like to bring you a deposit.” I said “sure, I can meet with you tomorrow.” The next day I see him and he says “oh my wife doesn’t want to do it anymore, she found someone else. Her friend’s son is a contractor and is out of work, and he is going to do it for $500 less.” I said “no hard feelings, just be sure that they do a decent job.” And I basically gave him a checklist of things to look out for.

Well I see him a couple weeks ago and he says “well they did not put ice and water down and did the front half of the house in 3 tabs. They then stopped and said it would be an extra $3000 to do the back of the house.”

Needless to say they have 25 year 3 tabs and no ice and water on the front of the house and old 3 tabs that leak on the back. It is no wonder the guy didn’t have work, I mean check your references.

Great post! It proves that at least occasionally, there is justice in this world. Did you ask him if he enjoyed the $500 he “saved”? LOL

This is the same H/O that will call all roofers/contractors scum. I also want to be the first to say on this thread IT HAD TO BE A SCUM STORM CHASER posing as the son of a friend to the wife. :mrgreen:

Mr shingle…

you must be the same roofer that assumes all storm damage restoration companies are scum. No better than that homeowner that assumes all GCs and roofers are scum.

Why sit back and knock us when you could learn something from us and grow your business?

[quote=“Authentic Roofer”]Mr shingle…

you must be the same roofer that assumes all storm damage restoration companies are scum. No better than that homeowner that assumes all GCs and roofers are scum.

Why sit back and knock us when you could learn something from us and grow your business?[/quote]

Nope, just the opposite, was using a little sarcasm. :smiley:

my apologies for failing to catch that! lol

Authentic Roofer

Fishers, IN still rolling for your right now, or has it dried up.

[quote=“roofny”]This is just my slight rant. Boy is it fun to hear “well my uncle’s sister’s friend said he could do it cheaper, so I went with him.”

You get what you pay for.
Here is a good one for everyone. I did an estimate about 3 months back, the guy liked everything I had to offer. It was about 20 square, tear off 3 tabs and replace with 30 year arcs. So he calls the next day and says “I would like to bring you a deposit.” I said “sure, I can meet with you tomorrow.” The next day I see him and he says “oh my wife doesn’t want to do it anymore, she found someone else. Her friend’s son is a contractor and is out of work, and he is going to do it for $500 less.” I said “no hard feelings, just be sure that they do a decent job.” And I basically gave him a checklist of things to look out for.

Well I see him a couple weeks ago and he says “well they did not put ice and water down and did the front half of the house in 3 tabs. They then stopped and said it would be an extra $3000 to do the back of the house.”

Needless to say they have 25 year 3 tabs and no ice and water on the front of the house and old 3 tabs that leak on the back. It is no wonder the guy didn’t have work, I mean check your references.[/quote]

Funny how they always blame it on the spouse

What would the “roofer” say when confronted about not using any ice and water shield. “Umm that sticky stuff ah, ya that’s really expensive and my bid really did include any of that stuff”. “Oh it’s code, ya I didn’t know that”.

I know longer give any type of free advice to a home owner that goes with some one else. As far as I’m concerned if they chose another contractor they are on there own. If they do a good job and save money great good for them. If they find why they are cheaper when it’s too late than that’s a gamble they lost.

[quote=“dougger222”]
I know longer give any type of free advice to a home owner that goes with some one else. As far as I’m concerned if they chose another contractor they are on there own. If they do a good job and save money great good for them. If they find why they are cheaper when it’s too late than that’s a gamble they lost.[/quote]

It’s a good point. I definitely felt like laughing when I heard what this “contractor” did.

not to mention ice & water shield is required by new york state building code

[quote=“Roofer_Man”]“Quality remains Long after the Price is forgotten”…See all these closes and sales training in my new book…I want you all to succeed… :smiley:

https://www.createspace.com/3412047[/quote]

money back guarantee?