Certainteed Slateline vs. GAF 30 year Camelot

I keep changing my mind about which shingle to get. I looked at the Slateline and Camelot 30 today and both seem very thin. Does anyone have any opinions on either of these products? Thanks. Also, should a roofer use a 15# or 30# felt underneath? Thanks.

are you talking about GAF Slateline?

dont think CT makes a slateline.

Both are a good product, but the slateline is a “lifetime” shingle, while the C30 is obviously a 30 year. there is a decent price difference too.

if you are stuck on GAF, but want weight and thickness, look at the lifetime camelot, or the grand canyon/sequoia.

oh, and on a roof of that caliber, i think you should go ahead and spring the extra few $ for a synthetic underlayment.

[quote=“Agape”]are you talking about GAF Slateline?

dont think CT makes a slateline.

Both are a good product, but the slateline is a “lifetime” shingle, while the C30 is obviously a 30 year. there is a decent price difference too.

if you are stuck on GAF, but want weight and thickness, look at the lifetime camelot, or the grand canyon/sequoia.[/quote]

Certainteed’s version is Hatteras. Some subtle differences.

The Hatteras isn’t available here, but I do like it. Why the synthetic underlayment instead of felt?

I use the Grace synthetic…called Triflex.Its cheaper than 30#, stronger, lighter, lays flat.just wish they didnt change it from white to black…makes no sense.-Ray

Certainteed its a professional shingle that has not been sold out to the big box stores.