Certified installers

i know in my area i have territory rights (unwritten gentlemens agreemant with the rep) that i get final say if someone in my direct town wants to get GAF cert. i know they do require a certain time frame in bussiness.

Well Certainteed makes an excellent product and they seem to take care of their installers or they have taken care of me at least. But just curious if I became an installer what the difference in price on material was between the 2 I was told GAF gives you a better price. But I have installed GAF material and I like their material also.

At least for us, pricing is the same for either certainteed or gaf and we have both certifications.

i have never heard of a price break for being certified.

You get a price break when you buy in bulk, and pay your bills on time. I personaly would not want to see GAF sign a contractor up who has only been in business a couple of years since most roofing companies are gone within five years.

No manufacturer is going to give you a better price. As was stated already, you get a price break from your local supply house from buying steady and in bulk. If that’s what you’re looking for then deal with your supply house.