Commercial questions

i have a customer with a 40 square flat building. 1 inch ins. board 1" built up, 1/2" ins. board then .045 epdm. 5 units 2 drains fairly good slope from front to back. all on steel deck. any ideas on what to expect price wise for full tear off and insulation board and .060 back on? yes i am asking a question because i dont do commercial but my customer (who gives me 15 residential roofs a year) has asked me to get this taken care of for him.

$26.000

tear off all.
add 2 layers 1.5 inch ISO.
.060 mil EPDM.

I agree $26,000 maybe even push 28.

28,000.00 check-26,000.00 cash :wink:

$26.582.79…3" iso, fully adhered .060 epdm,standard 10 yr warranty. versico(carlisle)done in two days

boy you guys are all pretty darn close to each other. the only quote that has come back so far is…$32,500 for .045 mech. fastened.
but i dont think they care to much if they get it. they are doing rochester airport and other jobs of the similar size so i’m small potatoes to them :?

Union roofers?

It has been awhile since I’ve dealt with roofing in the NJ area, but I would figure you’d be paying around $725 per square, or about $29,000 for that roof. You say your bid has come in at 32,500 so far, but I think you can beat that price.

[quote=“Cerberus”]Union roofers?

It has been awhile since I’ve dealt with roofing in the NJ area, but I would figure you’d be paying around $725 per square, or about $29,000 for that roof. You say your bid has come in at 32,500 so far, but I think you can beat that price.[/quote]

actually its newark, ny not jersey…its upstate by rochester. and yes the one price i recieved was union.

dont use .045 for mechanically fastened.it tears with a hefty uplift.use .060.

I agree with roofboss . Use the .060 , better job pennies more.

thats what i have been asking for & plan on using. i got my 2nd bid back at $36,000 with no scope of work (hahahaha). i’m assuming the price is so high because commercial comp. is higher than residential in NY.

I’ve only done mechanically fastened with rfm… thought that was standard…

is this how yall keep me from postin a reply.
talk about somethin i know nothing about.

guess im the mortal now.

gweedo

use the .090.

Is cheaper better, Cerberus?

just food for thought…an .088 10x100 roll weighs 513 lbs.and its butyl rubber not epdm.

my workers comp is about the same scale,it`s the liability that jumps up when you do commercial roofing (NY)