Company logo

I have been in business for a short time and just wanted to know if this logo looks professional? Also, if anybody can give me some advise on how to advertise or anything please send me an email
www.cornerstoneroofingkc.com

Looks good. Very nice and clean web site.

I like it and the website too.

Ed

:?

its a nice web site but it looks a little impersonal.

the pics are the houses you did?
the high angle roof shots look like manufacture literature and that guy in the valley is he on the gaf tech book.
every house is a monster high end home. there has to be some regular middle class people around you. the big jobs are nice but you may be scaring the little guy away.

put in a gallery
job site sighns work well,

but if i new better i would have stayed in school.
good luck.

that website was put together by GAF. They did a similiar one with the company I used to work for (and surely glad I do not anymore)

sealtightconstruction.com/home.html

What is funny is I rewrote alot of the text because the one they gave me sucked. Now all they are doing is using it for everyone else !!!

I deleveloped the entire window, gutter, and siding sections for them I see from your site they are just copying the stuff I did.

good site - nope - duplicated site and charged you a ton - yes. cut and paste - yes.

To me your logo says nothing about you company. Your logo should convey your company vision or mission.

Why did you choose Cornerstone for your name? Are you Christian? I believe you are, becuase the only place I’ve ever heard the word cornerstone used is in the bible. I’m not knocking you if your a christain, but you should at least explain why your using the word in the name. And you should have a logo that reflects that statement.

Perhaps something like, We believe that a personal touch with customer service is the cornerstone to our lasting success. (or) Other companies may rely on thier price to entice prospective clients, but price alone is not enough to establish lasting and sound relationships with our clients.

Your front page should clearly display your phone number so a visitor doesn’t need to navigate to another page to find you phone number.

The phone number field has a default phone number already in it. And in my opinion your contact page asked for to much information, which could possibly keep people from filling it out.

I also agree the site is a little impersonal and those pics only serve to communicate that you only work for high end clients, and we all know that is not true. Also one of your customer comments says you did a roof in Florida and all the people who are reviewing your company are Presidents, Directors, Vice Presidents. Come on this SCREEMS something fishy.

To be brutally honest I believe you could have spent your money more wisely and should have taken more time to plan your web site.

Your logo looks very good … a solid name … clean and relevant design ! People don’t need to concern themselves whether you are Christian , Muslim or Martian in order to have the image establish a professional and competent presence for your business.
Just my thoughts ! ( I’ve been in professional graphic design for the last 30 years ). Enough said.

Yes, well being a graphic artist doesn’t mean you understand the concepts and impact a well thought out logo has on your business and prospective clients.

You are correct about religeous beliefs and it’s clear he isn’t wearing his faith, whatever it may be; on his sleeve.

The logo looks out of place amoung all the high end home pictures on his web site. IMHO

[quote=“RidgeWalker”]To me your logo says nothing about you company. Your logo should convey your company vision or mission.

Why did you choose Cornerstone for your name? Are you Christian? I believe you are, becuase the only place I’ve ever heard the word cornerstone used is in the bible. I’m not knocking you if your a christain, but you should at least explain why your using the word in the name. And you should have a logo that reflects that statement.[/quote]

Um, yeah… I’m going to have to disagree a LOT with the “cornerstone = christian” thing. If anything, to me it suggests a masonry company.

[Cornerstone - Wikipedia]Cornerstone, as defined on Wikipedia](Cornerstone - Wikipedia]Cornerstone, as defined on Wikipedia)

The other thing it does is imply (to me, anyhow) is that you are the “basis” for a solid structure. I will guess that @ least one of us other than me has heard a phrase using cornerstone to suggest a basic idea or a strong foundation.

When building something important, it used to be that a Cornerstone Ceremony was held (vs. the now common turning of the first shovel of dirt).

As for disparaging the graphic designer, I find that mildly amusing.

Um, yeah… on 2nd thought, I’ll say that’s more than hilarious. Being a graphic designer doesn’t mean they know how to use crayons & make purty pitchers… a lot goes into client consultations for their goals in a design, what ideas they want to convey, etc. It’s a LOT about what kind of impact a conceptual logo might give to a customer.

All of that said, I think the logo is fine. It’s the rest of the website that I’d modify a bit - you need photos of YOUR jobs, not generic high end houses.

@ Ranchhand,

To me the logo and name do not fit being a roofer. Like you clearly explained it refers to a foundation. The corner stone being the stone upon which all else is built. So it didn’t make any sense to me to have it as a roofing company, and the only other thought was that he is Christian and decided to use cornerstone as a name. Which word is a frequent topic for alot of pastors.

Yes I did knock the graphic designer, he may know how to draw but looking at his opinion of the logo based on his purported many years of experiance I’d have to say, why is he posting here and not on industry specific forums? I’m not buying it, also I kinda find it ironic that the graphic designers screen name is Templeman. hmm