Compressor Issues

I am having a problem with 2 of my Dewalt air compressors.Pi**es me off because my other ones are working fine but these 2 are giving me grief.Both of them seem to be suffering from the same symptoms.

One is a Dewalt D55270 (Gas) and the other is a D55141(Electric).

Everytime I use them they will build up to pressure then blow the pressure relief valve letting out the air in the tanks.If you engage the relief valve again to build pressure they blow the valve again.

Are they new and never been adjusted? Seen it on new and unadjusted compressors. Not familiar with those two but suspect same.

The gas compressor is about 10yrs old and the electric is about a year old.

New issue? Sounds as if a good thing and easy fix. Contact maker.

Sounds like the unloader is toast (or real dirty) on the gas one.
Under that little stick is a ball and spring, if that spring gets weak or too much gunk in there, it won’t hold the ball in position and the air blows by.

And on the electric one, see if there is any gunk buildup in the spring area of the pressure release valve. If the valve isn’t closing properly when you pull it out to drain air, it’ll be easy to open next time you fill it up.

[quote=“bcdemon”]Sounds like the unloader is toast (or real dirty) on the gas one.
Under that little stick is a ball and spring, if that spring gets weak or too much gunk in there, it won’t hold the ball in position and the air blows by.

And on the electric one, see if there is any gunk buildup in the spring area of the pressure release valve. If the valve isn’t closing properly when you pull it out to drain air, it’ll be easy to open next time you fill it up.[/quote]

THANK YOU !!! (Demon)

I had my guys take off every part of my gas compressor and clean it.Your advice worked and my compressor runs GREAT !!!

I

[quote=“Roofmaster417”]THANK YOU !!! (Demon)

I had my guys take off every part of my gas compressor and clean it.Your advice worked and my compressor runs GREAT !!![/quote]

No problem. Glad you got it running again.

[quote=“bcdemon”]

[quote=“Roofmaster417”]THANK YOU !!! (Demon)

I had my guys take off every part of my gas compressor and clean it.Your advice worked and my compressor runs GREAT !!![/quote]

No problem. Glad you got it running again.[/quote]

Yes,Everyone flips me crap because its so ugly. They say why do you use that thing when you have newer ones.I say because its broke in.Sorta like your favorite shoes to walk steep in.

Reebok makes a shoe that I walk steep in like cougar paws. I where them until the soles literally roll off.Hahahahaha