Confessions

Some has been said on here about how I’m a straight shooter, and I’m here to confirm that I will never fold to popular beliefs just because they’re popular. Like Popeye said, " I am what I am."

This space may ban me tomorrow, and surely all will either love me or hate me, but here it goes anyway.

I drink a six pack of beer a day. My doctor has warned me that anything over 2 beers a day is unhealthy, but still I choose to do so. Their alternatives for their affirmed symptoms of anxiety and depression is Klonopin and Xanax, which cause you liver damage and a weak immune system like they say the beer is doing to me. While I don’t disreguard that, I’ve seen first hand that drugs of any sort lower your motor skills and such. Also, most drugs are an expensive addiction.

I smoke pot. There are no carcinogens, and while it definitely makes you non-cognizant in form of motor skills while you are high, I don’t smoke before going on a roof and I don’t smoke on a roof. I smoke when I have a little time to unwind. Before bed usually. For me, I’m definitely less stressed out and have less anxiety when I do this for sleep.

I’ve eliminated for now all stress related activities that the self employed go through. It’s not making me happy, it’s just what I must do for personal reasons. People can say whatever they want about this, but they’ve never walked a day in my shoes. I honestly don’t care what people think about my lifestyle.

I’ve made six figures selling mortgages, and still I love roofing. People with masters degrees were approaching me and asking for advice when they had 20 times the mortgage business experience as I had. Roofing is not as easy as people think, intellectually even. My I.Q. has been diagnosed to me as being 156 and I’m still an idiot. There is usually more than meets the eye.

Dude …
I cant judge you …
But why the heck would you post this on a public forum ???
When i started roofing as a laborer i used to get off tearing off exhausted and hot and with all the guys it turned into a daily drinking habit/addiction
Made good money also but then i saw my addiction was destroying everything it took months to build on just seconds .
Thank God i have been clean from all that for years now but .
The day i “confess” like you did it was the day i saw my wrong doing and started doing something about it.
Drinking and doing drugs is irrelevant to “the time of the day” you do it or "if on roof "or "off roof ".
Goes beyond that . Addictions affect your mind and spirit and that damage your taking it everywhere with ya.
But if you are similar to the way i am you will either ignore this reply and get mad . Or take my advice and do something about it .
Who cares about this forum or roofing or else .
When i used to drink the only people paying the broken dishes where my loved ones .
There some nice meeting groups out there you can go just listen to . Nothing to loose and all to Gain :wink:
I have to say 90% of the roofers in my area are in the same spot so dont feel bad .
And i really doubt this forum is the exeption

Q. I love you man.

Are you into the scientology religion? If so, you may be opposed to anti-biotics. Because they have no merit (sarcasm).

I’m a free thinker and this is what I think, and I’m not afraid to say so. If I’m a drug addict or an alchoholic, then so is everybody that believes in Western Medicine if you ask me. Except I feel no need to rob people for a drug addiction gone rampant. The man I am today is pretty comfortable with himself, and he’s not hurting anyone.

Look, I don’t displace many of my vices from being nominated from the hall of shame, but many of them are better than what is commonly accepted. I wake up every morning at 6 a.m. when I’m supposed to and I’m not a mean drunk. Every person is different, I am what I am. I have a grasp on reality and the fact that I have to work everyday. And I work to better myself and my family’s positioning in life.

I’m stating that with my diagnosis’, what Doctors and Pharmaceuticals companies would prescribe me would cause more harm to me and you. If I surrender to their easy assumptions, your tax money would pay for my addictions forever. Maybe “God” is the cheapest solution, what do I know?
And I’m not knocking you Q. If you have a god, that’s great for you. And you’re a great and humble man for having one. But I just can’t have one, and I sure can roof.

…and furthermore, do you know that where I live the people voted overwhelmingly that pot should be legal, but no mention has ever been made of that fact.

I could maybe do without pot, if not for the facts. The fact is that pot was made illegal because hemp grows like wild fire, and the cotton industry was being threatened by the realistical take over of hemp (pot).

The Surgeon General at the time with the surname Dupont, got this bill passed overnight a-la the Patriot Act. An immediate relative of his was a textile mogul. He made it illegal by exploiting it as “the devils weed,” and he created propoganda towards it using a Mexican people that were hated at the time as it’s poster child. I could go without ever smoking it again in my life, I think, but the laws against it are all about keeping big businesses big and the little guy down. That’s what it has been for most of this country’s history.

You… pot? Man, am I confused.

I always thought it was the framers & carpenters who were the potheads, roofers were the drinkers & surveyors the cokeheads.

I may need to readjust my classifications.

I have a confession too…

I am just about perfect in everything I do, its a curse!!
I never did drugs…never.
I never smoked…never.
I drink 1 maybe 2 beers a day.
I run 3-4 miles a day.
I workout every other day.

I’m a machine.

The women love me.
The guys are afraid of me.
The kids think I’m cool.

I enjoy every second of every day.
I love the sun, the rain and the snow.
I find pleasure in everything I do, and everywhere I go.

No Gods,
No Idols,
No Heros,
Just pure Inner Strength!

I judge every single person I meet.
If I like you, you know.
If I don’t like you, you know.
One of the things I dislike the most is someone who doesn’t take care of their family, especially their kids!
Kids are the coolest things in the world!

:mrgreen:

Lol. You guys are too funny.

I did that piece last night because many times on here, I’ve seen stuff where people were so fake and phony. It wasn’t to try to sway people towards my wicked ways, but as a retaliation towards fake and phony people. I’d rather be outright wrong sometimes than to be dishonest.

I have another confession…

I’m not running today, my knees are killing me!!!

I’m taking the day off.

Plus its mother’s day, I need to spend time with the mother of my daughter!

I’m not gay, but I am going to clean the floors for her today…only because she asked!!!

I dont smoke pot but i dont hold it against you . I know it relaxs some people at least with pot you wont go out sell your Tv for 10 dollare for another hit . Lifes short goes bye fast enjoy it to each is own

the worlds coming to an end and this thread just confirms it :smiley:

Hi,

I have never heard of anyone smoking cotton?

I have one more confession…

I LOVE Yogos…those Yogurty-Covered Fruit Flavored snacks!!!

Keep drinking your beer and smoking your pot, makes it easier to sell roofs against guys like you.

Do you not have any friends?

I just dont understand why you post your personal info on the net :roll:

[quote=“shingle monkey”]Keep drinking your beer and smoking your pot, makes it easier to sell roofs against guys like you.

Do you not have any friends?

I just dont understand why you post your personal info on the net :roll:[/quote]

Do you really believe it’s easy to sell roofs against me? Do I smack of ignorance? Go read through my stuff some more, I’m a seasoned professional roofer.

I have friends. Many. They’re usually a liability. I’m not at a bar subjecting myself to things beyond my control. I’m harmlessly typing away in the comfy confines of my living room and killing time, and relaxing.

I love to write. I love to write anything at all. I have a lyrical soul. I’m rebellious, and I embrace shock value, while I watch most of the world banter in their fascades to the point of delusion. Some people lie to themselves so much that they end up in their own little world. I tell the truth so much that I end up in my own little world.

This rant was meant for a few people that I’ve seen here that are fake, and they know who they are. I’m trying to convey that it’s okay to be yourself even when you know people are not going to like what you say. Maybe it would have been a little more appropriate if I revealed that I wet the bed until I was 10 years old. Somehow I don’t think it would’ve had the same effect though.

Yes I can relate.You are not alone but i am doing something about it.I have been clean and sober for 6.5 years now.Im a mess when Im doing all that stuff and my family suffers.Ive been down some VERY dark roads as a result of that lifestyle.Sure I love smoking pot but then I get thirsty.When I drink I am a differant person.Very dangerous to self and others.There comes a time to hang up yer boots when it comes to that stuff,before its too late.It seems yer at the jumping off point.You can either crash and burn and float like a turd or you can re-evaluate.Realize it`s a dead end and turn in the other direction,towards the light at the end of the tunnel.Dont let it be a train :smiley: And cheer up! I appreciate the honesty.If you ever wanna vent PM me and I will get back at you with my experiance,strength and hope.Good luck!

What is really stupid is when I google your name I get the web site to your company and a hit on this site…doesnt take long for customers to see if that want a beer drinking pot smoker on their roof.

flame me all you want, but some companys have an image to uphold

[quote=“shingle monkey”]What is really stupid is when I google your name I get the web site to your company and a hit on this site…doesnt take long for customers to see if that want a beer drinking pot smoker on their roof.

flame me all you want, but some companys have an image to uphold[/quote]

I agree this kind of confesions should be done anonymously .

I have a confesion to make too :

My helper is not from another country i actually found him on a crater left by a meteorite on my back yard .

He is from the nebula and earth gravity doesnt affect him .

So if any homewoner wants me to do their roof please call me since there is nothing safer then antigravity roofers from the nebula .

ok shingle monkey now this will mean i will get a ton of work right :wink:

I also have a confession to make. ready ?
I masturbate.

RooferJim

ps. Oh shit my wife will read this.

[quote=“Severance & Gallant R”]Some has been said on here about how I’m a straight shooter, and I’m here to confirm that I will never fold to popular beliefs just because they’re popular. Like Popeye said, " I am what I am."

This space may ban me tomorrow, and surely all will either love me or hate me, but here it goes anyway.

I drink a six pack of beer a day. My doctor has warned me that anything over 2 beers a day is unhealthy, but still I choose to do so. Their alternatives for their affirmed symptoms of anxiety and depression is Klonopin and Xanax, which cause you liver damage and a weak immune system like they say the beer is doing to me. While I don’t disreguard that, I’ve seen first hand that drugs of any sort lower your motor skills and such. Also, most drugs are an expensive addiction.

I smoke pot. There are no carcinogens, and while it definitely makes you non-cognizant in form of motor skills while you are high, I don’t smoke before going on a roof and I don’t smoke on a roof. I smoke when I have a little time to unwind. Before bed usually. For me, I’m definitely less stressed out and have less anxiety when I do this for sleep.

I’ve eliminated for now all stress related activities that the self employed go through. It’s not making me happy, it’s just what I must do for personal reasons. People can say whatever they want about this, but they’ve never walked a day in my shoes. I honestly don’t care what people think about my lifestyle.

I’ve made six figures selling mortgages, and still I love roofing. People with masters degrees were approaching me and asking for advice when they had 20 times the mortgage business experience as I had. Roofing is not as easy as people think, intellectually even. My I.Q. has been diagnosed to me as being 156 and I’m still an idiot. There is usually more than meets the eye.[/quote]

Ive had three uncles die of alcholisim aswell as my grampa so im a non alchohlic non smoker drug free.
If your wondering. yeah, my life is boring.

[quote=“G-Tape”]I have one more confession…

I LOVE Yogos…those Yogurty-Covered Fruit Flavored snacks!!![/quote]

I love Yugos. not the candy, the car! I could drive one if I had a wig and some nice big sun glasses