Coordinating Help

I signed a contract today for a big job, not big as in size but the amount of work that needs to be done .,anyway its a daycare its for the roof,siding,gutters,soffits,fascia wrap,counter flashing,carport and detached garage with the same number of items needed repair.This is a total rebuild,everything removed and replaced.The roof is a 37sq.3-layer with shakes on a 7/12 so a redeck is obvious.,7/16" O.S.B w/clips will be installed,a 30yr will be the material of choice.,the siding being removed is an 8"frost aluminum with grain which ITEL says is no longer available so I will install a vinyl 4.5DD about 10-11sq.around 400’ of soffits,fascia wrap, around 260’+ for gutters and accessories.,the access is excellent for the front but poor for the back.,the detached garage sits far enough away from the mainhouse that the access is not a problem.The roof is 2 straight sides with a dormer over the entryway.,the roof consists of 4 individual sections 2 starting with a rake ending in a wall and the other 2 are rake to rake.This project absolutely CANNOT interfere with normal daycare hours of operation since it is a state affiliated facility.,That means NOTHING can be there during hours of operation.The facility is closed 5pm friday and reopens 6am on monday.How would you coordinate this jobsite to accomplish the project in 1 weekend? 2-days only.,not really but a nice bonus is available if the goal can be reached.,the bonus isn’t as important as having the reputation for the go to guy that can make it happen.And no penalties for not finishing in 2-days.
3- sub roofing crews
1-sub siding
1-sub gutter guy
Carport installed by an outside contractor of mine.

[quote=“Roofmaster417”]I signed a contract today for a big job, not big as in size but the amount of work that needs to be done .,anyway its a daycare its for the roof,siding,gutters,soffits,fascia wrap,counter flashing,carport and detached garage with the same number of items needed repair.This is a total rebuild,everything removed and replaced.The roof is a 37sq.3-layer with shakes on a 7/12 so a redeck is obvious.,7/16" O.S.B w/clips will be installed,a 30yr will be the material of choice.,the siding being removed is an 8"frost aluminum with grain which ITEL says is no longer available so I will install a vinyl 4.5DD about 10-11sq.around 400’ of soffits,fascia wrap, around 260’+ for gutters and accessories.,the access is excellent for the front but poor for the back.,the detached garage sits far enough away from the mainhouse that the access is not a problem.The roof is 2 straight sides with a dormer over the entryway.,the roof consists of 4 individual sections 2 starting with a rack ending in a wall and the other 2 are rake to rake.This project absolutely CANNOT interfere with normal daycare hours of operation since it is a state affiliated facility.,That means NOTHING can be there during hours of operation.The facility is closed 5pm friday and reopens 6am on monday.How would you coordinate this jobsite to accomplish the project in 1 weekend? 2-days only.,not really but a nice bonus is available if the goal can be reached.,the bonus isn’t as important as having the reputation for the go to guy that can make it happen.And no penalties for not finishing in 2-days.
3- sub roofing crews
1-sub siding
1-sub gutter guy
Carport installed by an outside contractor of mine.[/quote]

If it was my job I would try to get all of the roof done in one weekend and the siding, and gutters the next. having 3 different trades in there at one time leavs a lot that can go wrong with no margin for error not to mention all your suppliers will be closed should you need anything extra.

Agreed. dDo it in steps, not at same time! Sounds like a logistic nightmare doing it all at once!!!

Makes the most sense but ,I was wanting to make the most that I have ever made in a single weekend for one job.If the access was premo 360 degrees around the job with no obstructions then I think it might be possible.And if the jobsite restrictions were a liitle more relaxed then that would help too.

While it may seem a bit silly, if you’re really set on trying to finish it on a weekend, I’d try to lay out a simple Gannt Chart to determine the feasibility. The other issue to consider this time of the year is the uncertainty of the weather.

Any chance of getting spotlights out and doing some major portion of the demo Friday evening? Seems to me that would be about the only way of getting the entire job done in one weekend.

I would have concerns over safety with too many crews working simultaneously.

Good luck!

If you are not going to be penalized by time, then you will make your money. You try to pack everything into one weekend, it will become a mess. If you don’t finish, you will lose the bonus (right?), then your subs could start bickering, they can’t do thier job because of another sub.

I would concentrate on roof completion for the first weekend and siding demolition (dry in only)

2nd weekend, complete siding,and carport, your wrap around eaves/soffit will prevent your gutter installation, so schedule that later.