Cost of labor of camelot shingles

I have all of the materials and got a quote for just labor. ripoff existing roof and install camelot shingles. quote is $140 square(JUST LABOR). Does this sound like an average quote? You can see pics of house using link.
thanks

roofing.com/forum/about9949. … ight=birch

[quote=“birch”]I have all of the materials and got a quote for just labor. ripoff existing roof and install camelot shingles. quote is $140 square(JUST LABOR). Does this sound like an average quote? You can see pics of house using link.
thanks

roofing.com/forum/about9949. … ight=birch[/quote]

It depends on your area.,if it were my area I would think $150,but that also depends on if you were handling the jobsite debris removal.,

Just curious though,why are you installing Camelots on a 6/12 ? I know its your money but it seems too low pitched for a steep roof dominated shingle?IMO

The steeper the more you can appreciate the extra money for the materials.

Camelot 30, or Camelot 50?

[quote=It depends on your area.,if it were my area I would think $150,but that also depends on if you were handling the jobsite debris removal.,
]

I live on Long Island, NY. The price would include all debris removal. The reason for the camelot 50 is i got a good price on the material ($125 a sq). You don’t think it will look strange do you?
Thanks again![/quote]

It is the camelot 50

Thats not a 6/12. 5/12 maybe. the addition is one pitch steeper than the main house.

The main house looks like a 5/12,but could even be a 4/12.

Regardless of my thoughts on the steepness of your roof, those shingles will be beautifull on your house if you have the correct color shingle and trim color(eavedrip)

[quote=“roof-lover”]Thats not a 6/12. 5/12 maybe. the addition is one pitch steeper than the main house.

Regardless of my thoughts on the steepness of your roof, those shingles will be beautifull on your house if you have the correct color shingle and trim color(eavedrip)[/quote]

Thanks roof-lover…i know most roofers don’t like to talk design, but would you give me your opinion on color choice. I am torn between sheffield black and aged oak. I originally wanted the clack because of the red in ion, but after looking at some pics, i seems more black…the aged oak is tough because sometimes it looks light and sometimes darker…Your thought here would help.
thanks

Like I said its your money,you could put pink shingles on your house and as long as you were happy with it then…Your house.

All I was saying is that 100% of these designer shingles that I personally have installed ,Camelot,Grand Manor and Berkshire have been installed on 8/12 or better.I’m not saying that its wrong to put them on lower pitches.

I thought at $300 plus per square the customer would enjoy the investment much more by seeing what the shingle has to offer in terms of color shading and pattern.If I got those designer shingles at a really great price I would feel the same as you and install them regardless.

Sir,

Don’t know New York pricing. I suspect par for the course. Call up three companies and ask. It’s very expensive price where I live. Still a little early to start roofing in New York?

[quote=“famous”]Sir,
It’s very expensive price where I live. Still a little early to start roofing in New York?[/quote]

I live a couple hundred miles from you and I think its a fair price.I haven’t a clue of when roofing is good in New York and when it isn’t do you?

Maybe that contractor that gave the estimate was sitting on his hands like most contractors in the N.East.And now a bug has been planted in the customers ear from a contractor in Oklahoma pertaining to the time of year for a reroof.

The Camelot,Grand Manor,Highland Slate,Berkshire shingles require a higher level of roofing expertise to install.Why not be paid for that knowledge at $140 per sq.?

Roofmaster,

Roofing isn’t good in Oklahoma right now. Our season kicks up Mid to late March. Since New York is obviously way North from Oklahoma I assume it is still too cold to begin roofing. Point is that the homeowner has time to decide and shop.

By the way, the USDA has maps of the country divided according to planting zones. These sowing times correlate closely with shingling times. From the USDA maps, I would say the NeW York roofing season fires up in early to mid April.

If you can get $140 per square for installation on these shingles, then I salute you. Please don’t come crying/complaining when I can install them for $100 per square and make great money.

[quote=“famous”]Roofmaster,
By the way, the USDA has maps of the country divided according to planting zones. These sowing times correlate closely with shingling times.

Please don’t come crying/complaining when I can install them for $100 per square and make great money.[/quote]

Well you got me beat,I have never considered roofing and planting of veggies to go along together.I guess thats where I went wrong.

I guess I am just a city boy.When the sun is out I roof.If its above 30* I roof.If I have a job to do…I roof. And I do eat my veggies every night so that might be the connection I was lacking.

I cry for noone.If I thought I could get $160 per sq. I would go after it.Start @ $150 and see where it goes.

[quote=
]

Thanks…it sounds like you see $140 as an average price to install and remove debris. It looks like i will go with either aged oak or sheffirld black, but install will wait until weather breaks…hopefully mid march.[/quote]

[quote=“birch”]

[quote= ]

Thanks…it sounds like you see $140 as an average price to install and remove debris. It looks like i will go with either aged oak or sheffirld black, but install will wait until weather breaks…hopefully mid march.[/quote]

Any questions I had about your roof pitch or shingle type was only in the question form.Rooflover is right they will look great on your home.The colors you mentioned seem fine.I wish I could find some of those Camelots for the price you paid.They are $315 per square here.But by the time I had a truck go to N.Y and back I will far exceed the $315 per sq.And you probably would not hook me up with your connection anywhooz.Just playin.Haha[/quote]

Around here, we can dump the old roof for $50 or less… I bet on LI you pay $300-400. Maybe more. Factor that in, and $140 seems reasonable. Those shingles are very heavy, and not just any crew can put them on and make them look perfect, so make sure the crew has experience on designer shingles. Try to see some houses they have done.

I’d get aged oak. It’s an awesome color. That’s SUPER cheap for Camelot 50!!

So let me make sure this is correct… U are providing all underlayment, flashings, vents, starters, button caps, caulking, pipe jacks, coil nails, drip edge, ice and water shield, extra plywood, And then run to the supply house when you miscounted or calculated something wrong. Yes?

Is the crew providing proof of GL and WC insurance? Permits?

[quote=“Agape”] So let me make sure this is correct… U are providing all underlayment, flashings, vents, starters, button caps, caulking, pipe jacks, coil nails, drip edge, ice and water shield, extra plywood, And then run to the supply house when you miscounted or calculated something wrong. Yes?

Is the crew providing proof of GL and WC insurance? Permits?[/quote]

They are licensed (GL?) and insured WC?). I will check out some of their jobs this weekend. Basically, I am able to get the roofing cheap. This roofer said he would order all remaining material needed and have it sent to my home where i would pay the bill directly. His price of $140 per square will be the final cost of removal and new installation.

I would never spend the extra $ on this type of shingle, but because of the low cost i figure why not?

Thanks…i still need to go check out the actual colors of aged oak or shef. black. does anyone have any pics of roofs with sheff. black? The website shows a lot of red in it, but the 1 house i found online really looked all black.

Try uploading a picture of your house and change the colors of your roof.Most manufacture websites have this function.I would make sure the contractor has had experience with this shingle.Most contractors know the result of inexperience when installing this type of premium shingle.I prefer the overkill approach and use 7 1/2" lines off the gutter the full height of the rakeline with the Camelot.I would recommend open valleys.

if you got all of the materials mentioned above this is most likely a good price for the NY area…I usually charge $100 per square here in NC for just labor

[quote=“birch”]

[quote=“roof-lover”]Thats not a 6/12. 5/12 maybe. the addition is one pitch steeper than the main house.

Regardless of my thoughts on the steepness of your roof, those shingles will be beautifull on your house if you have the correct color shingle and trim color(eavedrip)[/quote]

Thanks roof-lover…i know most roofers don’t like to talk design, but would you give me your opinion on color choice. I am torn between sheffield black and aged oak. I originally wanted the clack because of the red in ion, but after looking at some pics, i seems more black…the aged oak is tough because sometimes it looks light and sometimes darker…Your thought here would help.
thanks[/quote]

Go with the sheffield black only also ONLY with the black eavedrip trim(NOT WHITE) Your house will look FABULOUS. Also make sure that all your plumbing vent pipes, vents and protrusions are also painted black with rustolium gloss black only.

also for everybody else, My competitor is getting camolot shingles for the same price as architects. Check your supplier, maybe you can get it too.
I wont be taking advantage of it because i think GAFELK is the least quality of all manufactuers available here