Cougar Paws

Does anyone on here use Cougar Paws? I finally broke down and gave them a go and to be honest so far I don’t really see what all the hype is about. Don’t really seem like I have any more grip than any decent soft soled sneaker. What’s everyone else’s opinion?

Roofed all my life wearing high top Converse “Chucks” and using old couch cushion foam to sit on steep; no reason to re-invent the wheel imo.

C paws used to be great. Bought a new pair in 2003 and they were/are great and the best roof walking shoes I could find. However, Mr. “Cougar” apparently decided to go with a different manufacturer. Second pair for my other vehicle was complete junk and hurt my feet. Sent them back but “Cougar” refused to give me a refund.

One of the most over rated things I’ve seen. Down here in the deep south, Cougar Paws scar the crap out of the shingles in the summer. A $20 pair of sneakers with rubber bottoms work great.

We use cougar paws, and our inspectors don’t seem to have that problem. They’re good roofing boots in my opinion, my company recommends them if you’re going on a roof.

“Inspectors” says a lot. Try working on a 8/12 or steeper roof all day for a few weeks. The old ones were better, but still not worth the price.

[quote=“roofermann”]
“Inspectors” says a lot. Try working on a 8/12 or steeper roof all day for a few weeks. The old ones were better, but still not worth the price.[/quote]

Yeah I see what you mean, a pair of pads are good for several 20 minute inspections but not a replacement job lasting all day. It all depends on what you’re doing on the roof.

I buy them for my crew, they have the option to wear them or not wear them. They always wear them. In general I buy them 2 pair each every season. they do say they wear two pairs of socks or they make their feet hurt.

-They have many different styles now. The original style is probably the most sturdy/heavy duty.

I like them, but when they get wet, the sponge on the bottoms leave a big wet mark wherever you step. Not good…if you have to run to Home Depot or some other retail store. I don’t think they appreciate the “Paw”
prints on the floor.

They are worth a try though. Many of my guys like them.