Cross Link on FaceBook (or MySpace) your profile

I’m talking primarily about a “Professional” page or one for your business, but if you don’t have one, list your personal page.

If you only have a “personal” page on FaceBook, you CAN create a ‘linked’ page for your company.

The easiest way is to go to any ‘business’ page & @ the bottom L, look for “Create a page for my business” & click there. You can do this from my page if you’d like.

I would also invite any of y’all to “become a fan” of my page; just look on FaceBook for “Ranch Hand Roofing”.

If you list your page, I will cross link to it as well.

I became a fan Ranch. Here’s my company page:

facebook.com/pages/Fort-Wort … 4509092019

Jon

Done.

By the way, I’m looking into a FB ad to see what the rate might be.

So far, the parameters are:

[quote]Estimate:
104,640 people
who live in the United States
who live within 25 miles of Austin, TX
between the ages of 23 and 64 inclusive
who graduated from college
who are married
who speak **English **(US)
who are not already connected to Ranch Hand Roofing
[/quote]

More info later on how this prices out.

im a fan!

here is mine:

facebook.com/pages/Broken-Ar … 1700931140

[quote]Campaigns
Ads in the same campaign share a daily budget and schedule.
Max Bid
You will never pay more than your max bid, but you may pay less. The higher your bid, the more likely it is your ad will get shown. All amounts are in USD ($).
Suggested Bid
This is the approximate range of what other advertisers are bidding for your target demographic.[/quote]

[quote]3. Campaigns and Pricing
Account Currency (USD)

Campaign Name
Ranch Hand Roofing - February 2010

Daily BudgetWhat is the most you want to spend per day? (min 1.00 USD)
$ 1.00

Schedule.When do you want to start running your ad? (select one)
*Run my ad continuously starting today
*Run my ad only during specified dates

*Pay for Impressions (CPM)
*Pay for Clicks (CPC)

Max Bid (USD).How much are you willing to pay per click? (min 0.01 USD)
Suggested Bid: 0.59 - 0.70 USD[/quote]

note:
CPM = pay for # of times it is shown on ANY web page on FaceBook
CPC = pay for # of times it is clicked through directly from FaceBook.

If I follow through with this, I will be using CPC & set a max daily budget of $ 1.00. This is both a test to see if it generates any work & I’m leery of “Clickthrough Fraud”, which is where a competitor can click in & out, in & out (plus get a few more people to do the same) so that you are charged for page hits but they aren’t really interested in your product or services.

[quote=“Agape”]im a fan!

here is mine:

facebook.com/pages/Broken-Ar … 1700931140[/quote]

Done.

Jason, I’m already a fan of your company, but you can become a fan of mine! :wink:

I tried this ad thing also Ranch, but the bid is based on the amount of users you are targeting and the the conversion rate based on the number of impressions.

I found that the CPC kept increasing, so it normally wasn’t worth it. You are charged for clicks also, not just fans.

been a fan for a long time!

I just started mine about 2 weeks ago, havent put much into yet as ive been spending tons of time working with my web developer to launch a new website.

facebook.com/pages/Winnipeg- … ref=search

Theres my link I became a fan of everyone else who has posted.

This is probably unlikely though with Facebook. It would be difficult to predict when the ad would display and Facebook monitors users that click ads multiple times.

[quote]Ranch Hand Roofing

For repair needs or total re-roofing in the Central Texas area, we provide quality work at reasonable prices. Click in & become a fan.
Mark P Schram is a fan.
Become a Fan
Ad Name:Audience:
This ad targets users:
who live in the United States
who live within 25 miles of Austin, TX
between the ages of 23 and 64 inclusive
who graduated from college
who are married
who speak English (US)
who are not already connected to Ranch Hand Roofing
Campaign:Ranch Hand Roofing February 2010 (New Campaign)
Bid Type:CPC
Bid:$0.01 USD per click
Daily Budget:$1.00 USD per day
Duration:This ad will run indefinitely[/quote]

[quote]I just started mine about 2 weeks ago, havent put much into yet as ive been spending tons of time working with my web developer to launch a new website.

Theres my link I became a fan of everyone else who has posted.[/quote]

Done.

[quote=“jmreaves”]

This is probably unlikely though with Facebook. It would be difficult to predict when the ad would display and Facebook monitors users that click ads multiple times.[/quote]

Agreed. I was primarily posting info for the uninitiated.

[quote=“Aroofing”]I just started mine about 2 weeks ago, havent put much into yet as ive been spending tons of time working with my web developer to launch a new website.

Theres my link I became a fan of everyone else who has posted.[/quote]

Became a fan… & FYI, your link is to the photos section of the page.

Others should use this instead:

Thanks I edited my original post with a new link. I plan on updating the facebook page in about a week so it is ready to go with the launch of the new website.

Its an exciting time of year for us as we have put alot more into advertising and creating company awareness.

Brand New Yellowpages campaign comes out in 2 weeks
New website
Facebook Page
Direct Mail
and 2 door knockers who knock and hand out door hangers (got a great price)

All of these are starting at roughly the same time and response seems to be great so far. We dont start roofing till about April-May and we have signed up 500 squares worth or work. For a single crew company I am very pleased with the results thus far.

ARoofing. i added your page.

Thanks, I did as well.

facebook.com/#!/pages/1st-Ra … 32?ref=sgm
I try to post a picture everyday of what we’re doing.I also like to post pictures of messed up roofs.