Drones? Use or not to use?

My first experience with an insurance adjuster using a drone.
In the end pissed off!!
All their measurements off to what I have with eagle view. Now I sent my estimate in and have been " negotiating’ with this douche that knows nothing about roofing. He is saying that he will not pay for anything that is pre- installed (ice n water shield) I just roofed this house 9 months ago. Also is telling me that a metal roof was not completed last time yet they have the invoice from last time and how the heck can you determine that with a damn drone?
Nobody has been on the roof
How the hell does that work?
I apologize for this outbreak but how can they get away with using drones? I see I won’t get crap from this one. Oh did I mention it’s Travelers
Thank you for listening

I wilfully agree the drones do not see what we can with human eyes that is.We had Travelers pull that with us last week still dealing with them. But no one on there side will get in the roof.

Get the policy holder, the homeowner, involved. Have them call the Adjuster’s Manager with a modest amount of frustration and anger. Submit your supplement. Just sending in your estimate, with no explanations, photos or supplement language, isn’t likely to yield much. This is a routine situation, I feel your frustration but it is partially self inflicted. Take my training course and you’ll learn how to properly handle these types of situations. You asked for it but haven’t responded to my message when I got back to you.

1 Like

Tell me about your training course.

It is training for insurance supplementing. Covers a wide range of supplementing skills needed to be effective and efficient. I will send you a PM.

Pm me about course also. Thanks

I would like info on your course, also.

Drones are necessary if they deem the roof as unsafe to get on and inspect.

If the roof is unsafe to get on a drone will NOT let you see what you need to look at. Take a WAG at what should concern you…

It can help them get a general picture of the roof.

Don’t need it if you can’t walk it.

Some roofs look walkable but really arnt. Also drones look professional. The drones can also be fitted with flir to see hotspots.

Is that your theory?

Not really a theory but just going off of research. I’ve never roofed before as mentioned in other post. That doesn’t mean I’m totally clueless like some people are making it out to be.

There is a huge difference between theoretical and practical. Get off the internet and out into the real world for 20 years and we’ll see if you learn anything.

2 Likes

No there isn’t.

And you guys try to give me a hard time about my hair dressing license. But that license is where I precisely learned that theory and practicality isn’t so far apart. There are many other things you have to consider other than how fast you can roof.

I actually did nails, not hair. I did the practical stuff and theoretical stuff. I dealt with the major scientist who were making the products, to washing people’s feet and painting nails. Nail products are very high tech btw. Dentistry and nail products use some of the same materials.

But the reason why I stopped doing nails, was because I became overqualified to do it. There are things that many nail techs think is impractical. But if you don’t do it, your health is on the line, so is the quality of the end product. Im sure you’ve stepped into a nail salon and seen what goes on there due to your wife or just the regular pedicure.

So there isn’t a major gap between theory and practicality. Its just that you think certain things isn’t important, or you just don’t know about other important factors.

Im just curious how you think I can run a country and become a top tier military weapons researcher but get stooped by roofing. lol

get up on victorian 2 story redeck without experience and get it done,theory is flawless ,practical is always different

1 Like

that doesnt anything to do with theory. Jeez man whats going on here.

I’ve never repaired or roofed a building until today. And you’re right! I sat on my ass inside where it’s warm and dry and thought about going out in the wet and cold. Now if they’re willing to pay my bill in reality, I’ve just started a new business! Theoretical Roofing is what I’ll call it.

1 Like

And to show even further how out of touch you are, roofers in general don’t get pedicures OR accompany our wives to nail salons. We drink in a nearby pub while the missus is getting her nails done. Come on man!

1 Like