Flat roof need help

I current bourght a flat roof bank owned house in Florida. Previous owner installed a/c ductwork on the roof without permit. Obviously it didn’t installed correctly and it all ripped open now. I am looking for solutions that I can have central air in the house.Also I have low cellings in the house. So I am thinking convert flat roof to a pitched roof. Any professional can help me. How much it cost.

You are thinking wisely. However, it won’t be cheap to have done but it will save you a bunch of money in the future.

Thank you for your advise.I have been reading people who have posted approximate cost of pitched roof between $17k to $35k or more. With such gap I am confused.You mentioned it will save a money in the future. How?

Because you won’t be having all the problems associated with a flat roof anymore in the future. Including no more interior damage.

How much it cost for 2600 sq. roof ?

Many people come here looking for estimates… Estimates will vary greatly from region to region and every job is totally unique (ie. it’s impossible to estimate over the internet). Call local contractors, last I checked estimates were free.

My house at stuart Florida. Anybody knows good contractors in the area ?

Barton roofer is the best roofer in the florida.

Hello
Most people that are interested in converting their flat roof to a pitched roof are simply tired of dealing with flat roof issues. Pitched roofs have about a 40% longer life than flat roofs. They last 25-50 years, while a flat roof membrane will last about 15-20 years.Flat roofs are about 10-20% more expensive to install than a pitched roof (after the conversion). This is because the membrane is more expensive to manufacture, as well as the need for more specialized labor.

A standard 2200-to-2600 square foot roof will cost homeowners between $1000 and $4000 to fully replace, professionals will charge $2000 to $8500. Roofers charge for their work using what are known as “squares.” One ten foot-by-ten foot patch of roof makes a square, meaning the average roof has between 22 and 26 squares to be replaced.

[quote=“JeffCharlin”]Hello
Pitched roofs have about a 40% longer life than flat roofs. They last 25-50 years, while a flat roof membrane will last about 15-20 years.Flat roofs are about 10-20% more expensive to install than a pitched roof (after the conversion). This is because the membrane is more expensive to manufacture, as well as the need for more specialized labor.[/quote]

This information is completely inaccurate, please stop posting.