Gaf liberty low slope membrane

Can anyone tell if GAFS Liberty low slope roofing membrane is reliable and do you recommend it? I have a roof that has less then a 2 pitch.

its ok for small stuff, I like to install it over a full layer of I&W to act as a base sheet. you also put your drip edge on over your base sheet and prime the flange with bituthene primer or the equivellent. that makes a strong edge detail.

I would not install over I&W. You will never get it up without taking the deck with it. Regular fastened base sheet is the same price as I&W. You can fasten it with steel cap nails.

why would you want to take it up ?

When you have to replace the roof again? I just priced a roof for a woman whos been living in the same house for 56 years!

in twenty years you can just go over it then. :o .
I like it because its all bonded and water will not travel under it, nor will the high coastal winds blow it up. the base sheet they sell just seems cheezy to me.

[quote=“RooferJ”]in twenty years you can just go over it then. :o .
I like it because its all bonded and water will not travel under it, nor will the high coastal winds blow it up. the base sheet they sell just seems cheezy to me.[/quote]

i suppose you’re right.
Ray do me a favor and stick some 1/2" fiberboard down first so that Ice shield doesn’t stick to your deck.

[quote=“shangle nailer”]

[quote=“RooferJ”]in twenty years you can just go over it then. :o .
I like it because its all bonded and water will not travel under it, nor will the high coastal winds blow it up. the base sheet they sell just seems cheezy to me.[/quote]

i suppose you’re right.
Ray do me a favor and stick some 1/2" fiberboard down first so that Ice shield doesn’t stick to your deck.[/quote]

For some reason I LOL’ed. :smiley:

For a better, longer lasting, more viable secure option, you could have a real roofer install a torch applied APP modified bitumen roofing system.

No worries this way.

ray met fan… is your roof of substantial size with penentrations such as vent pipes and flashings and obstacles a roof normally entails or is it a small roof like a porch roof or something like that? Because i agree it is a nice roofing system…for smaller applications. If your flat roof protects your entire home you may want to explore other options.

I agree, if its a larger roof with walls and flashings then go with either EPDM or PVC membrane.