Going Prices for new Roof and Gutters

Why are the prices of roof replacement so wide spread. I have a quote of 24K and 7,500. I have 3 layers of existing roof on a split level 12:6 pitch, so to replace the gutters & install new flashing & a new roof?
What is the going rate for gutters per LF ($1 to $30)?
How about current prices of asphalt 30 year to 25 year shingle per SQ? I heard that prices in Towson MD should range from $260 to $500, is that typical?

I have 18 Squares.
Dimensions of foot print of house 45 x 35 so there is 90 feet of gutters required.

yes

I am now in Tn., but came from N.E.P.A., and I charge the same here as I did there. The only thing different here is ,dump is less, and I&W shield is not needed 6 ft. on bottom edge.Also most homes here have 3/4" plank decks, so ter off is harder,and install(if planks are in good shape)is also more tedious…
My price for walkable 3 layer w/3 sheets included would be about 450.00 per sq.
I would travel for that too! I have worked N.Y.,N.J.,P.A.Del.Tn., 22 yrs without a call back…

Sorry,I forgot.I just did a job that required gutters,and I called a seamless gutter guy out,and guess what! Gutters are same price here as in the north east,2.50-3.50 per ft., depending on 5 or 6",and .25-.40 more depending on contractor ,and miter charges…So they are not working for less so neither will I!!!

Hey Jwoolfsroofing,

Do you live in TN or are you just working there? Also what part?

Hi,

$2.50 a foot is working for less.

Tj, I live in Tn. now, and changed my profile here but it still shows P.A…70 miles E. of Nashville…

im not sure anymore how to bid.
i have people who are wanting me to do work,
but just dont have enough money, and it doesnt do me any good to not get the job, and be like, look at me
im not doin it to cheap. im gonna go scrap metal for 50 bucks a day. no ive got 2 jobs goin rite now,and
the h/os are payin me what they can, and im not sure what that is, but for the sake of roofin im doin it.
so i wouldnt be suprized if people were roofin for a sack of potatos.

gweedo.

I hear you!

[quote=“whale12”]Why are the prices of roof replacement so wide spread. I have received two prices for a new roof. Note I have 3 layers of existing roof on a split level, so to replace the gutters and install new flashing and new roof range from $24K to $6K - what gives? What is the going rate for gutters per LF ($4 to $30)? How about current prices of asphalt 30 year to 25 year shingle per SQ? I have 18 SQs. I heard that prices in Towson MD should range from $260 to $500, is that typical?/quote)

Yes the price discrepancy is normal. More so now than ever.[/quote]