Good Bye everyone

Donl wants to keep deleating my posts so I guess I will take a hint and leave roofing.com.Im just all set with the moderators smallminded bullshit
Censorship+ disapearing posts + egomoderators= by by forum.

Sincerly
RooferJim

PS
I will still be on other roofing forums like NRG and contractortalk.

No bs over at NRG anyways See ya there :slight_smile:

If you do decide to go RooferJ I am one who will miss some of what you post.
I guess you are referring to the carlisle tpo class action lawsuit post disappearing as I do not see it posted anymore.
I am very curious as to why a moderator would delete that post.
I thought this forum was a place to share ideas,experiences and information on whats happening in the roofing industry.
Maybe a moderator would like to explain why a post which contained IMO information related to a product that is used widely in the roofing industry.

RooferJ;

Please elaborate on what was deleted. If they deleted your posts, it would be important for us to know what was deleted.

I never suspected any foul play here, just allowing goons to come here and clutter up threads with advertising. If there is more to it, then I would like to know.

RooferJ is one of the better roofers.

I think an explanation is in order.

[quote=“dennis”]RooferJ is one of the better roofers.

I think an explanation is in order.[/quote]

I agree completely.

Rooferj posted a press release pertaining to a class action lawsuit against Carlisle for TPO failures.

TPO failures have been widely known in the industry for a number of years, it is now starting to become public.

I believe his post was a valuable one to say the least, it is directly related to roofing and covers a subject that is not widely known outside the industry.

It appears that the owners of this site have a vested interest in the TPO craze and as such are aiding in the cover up of widely known issues with this product.

This is a gross disservice to the people who look to this site for information and advice.

I agree, Dennis.

I made a post in the thread about the guy with the 40 year shingle roof having to replace it after 18 years and it was deleted too.

NRG is awesome because there are no advertisers pulling the strings.

[quote=“tumpline”]If you do decide to go RooferJ I am one who will miss some of what you post.
I guess you are referring to the carlisle tpo class action lawsuit post disappearing as I do not see it posted anymore.
I am very curious as to why a moderator would delete that post.
I thought this forum was a place to share ideas,experiences and information on whats happening in the roofing industry.
Maybe a moderator would like to explain why a post which contained IMO information related to a product that is used widely in the roofing industry.[/quote]

Probably because he is carrying on a one man crusade against all TPO membranes, hoping to discredit TPO’s so he won’t have to bid against them.

Cerberus, the whole thread was about TPO failures. Is the mfg in question an advertiser here is the BIG question…

[quote=“Cerberus”]

Probably because he is carrying on a one man crusade against all TPO membranes, hoping to discredit TPO’s so he won’t have to bid against them.[/quote]

When I read what members here have to say about their preferred brands,methods or whatever, I take most of that as their intitled opinions and not the gospel.

If a moderator deletes posts which are directly related to the roofing industry because they collide with their own opinions that is truly astonishing.

OK guys,The two post that were deleted by the DonL was only intended as an FYI of a roofing news story. they were not intended as a “one mans crusade against TPO” as a clown has suggested. It is not my opinion either, just roofing industry news. I have nothing to hide and will share with you all a private message I recieved. I will miss some of you guys.
Take Care
RooferJim

forward from PM

To: RooferJ
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:57 am
Subject: Class action suit
The ad you keep posting is not a notice of suit but an ad to drum up some customers for an attorney. I’ll not assist any attorney suing a roofing manufacturer whether it is Carlisle or another brand. FYI, you are opening yourself up to legal problems if the manufacturer chooses to take offense at your post. This happened recently when a user choose to bad mouth IKO. Please cease posting this stuff on the web site.

He may have some valid points there, J.

agreed

He does, but should we have censorship of roofing industry news ??? I hate lawyers as much as the next guy, but we should be aware of whats going on. I think these are the same lawyers that are after Certainteed and I certainly think Carlisle is a stand up manufacturer. I will stick with a roofing industry forum that allows free speech.

donl makes sense, but I think I would have liked to see that pm response on the forum as an informative bit to the rest of the posters. Rather than just deleting the post with no explanation.

I’m sure donl has nothing else to do. :smiley:

RooferJ - Most of us are also on those same sites as you so luckily we will still here your opinions on things.

Anyways, at least the administrators are doing something after we had a thread bashing them. Unfortunately, its to a valued member of the community and not a spammer.

I will say don is right i had IKO come down to see me from toronto. They wwanted to sue me.

But i agree if you leave and you are a good roofer please help me understand why you can not word things differently and get the same point across. Like imo i dislike this certain product.

I would hate also to see you go. I have had japoax and donl pm me and i stopped and all is good now. If this makes sense to you then stay your helping not only fellow roofers, but consumers that depend on us for advise.

Think about it and let us know. i hate to see a good man go. I alomst did but i dont remember who talked me out of it. so im still here. Think of what you offer the forum if you just word things differently. If you leave God bless and have great luck in your next enverors. oh yes i will see you over at the NRG but im a residental sales guy tpo is i do not know.

F.U., no wonder your posts were deleted; you think you are the last word in roofing!

I guess it pisses you off to find people who actually aren’t influenced by your personal crusade. Thankfully, these same people are the ones that gave EPDM, PVC, Mod. Bit., and other non-BUR types of roofs a chance. With your type thinking, we’d all still be mopping down asphalt or pitch. Open your mind and realize that there will be new types of roofing developed as time goes by, and these new roofs will have some kinks to work out. Just like all the other types of roofs when they were first developed. Just look at Trocal and PVC roofs if you want an example! You see, using your thought process all PVC roofs must suck because one PVC manufacturer got sued over their roofing membrane. EPDM? It too has had its problems, as has Mod. Bits. Then again, there was a big lawsuit involving Nissan, Koppers CTP, and Owens-Corning, years ago because the CTP roof on the Nissan plant was migrating; so I guess BURs are no good either.

Now, I guess you (RooferJ) are going to tell us what the best roof system is in the world! Well, go ahead Bozo, tell us and show us all who the real clown is here!

BTW, I thought you were leaving? A little drama, maybe?

We should when you act like Rush Limbaugh.

[quote=“dennis”]donl makes sense, but I think I would have liked to see that pm response on the forum as an informative bit to the rest of the posters. Rather than just deleting the post with no explanation.

I’m sure donl has nothing else to do. :D[/quote]

I believe donl has also warned RooferJ about his one man crusade once before as well.

Personally, I’d like to see RooferJ do an expose’ on all roofing membranes and products instead of aiming his sights at the one membrane that he can’t compete against.