Google, kijiji, ect. what you spending?

I don’t advertise with neither but I assume it would be good to do so.

kijiji has there prices already up. Kinda expensive and not sure how many people are searching kijiji for roofing?

google keeps calling me and telling me to try ten bucks a day for my ad words and search optimization.

I have a bit of money in the bank and wanna make a ad campaign but not sure what I should spend?

From what I hear from you guys door to door sales is best but honestly im just a small family owned company. we do very good work. just not sure what the next stpe for my small company should be?

kijiji
google
yahoo
bing
the news paper
bargain finder
craigs list

???

What would you guys recommend? Im not in the big leagues yet and slowly getting bigger.

anyways thanks for any help. I do appreciate it.

Good Keyword phrases, links on forums, etc.
No ads at any of those places.

Are you asking about online ads only?
We don’t do any paid online ads with Google or any others. We are careful with our keywords on our sites and we get pretty good rankings.

Our best return by far is radio. We spend a good bit every month on radio and have been doing it for years. We have months where we get a call every day off our radio ads.

As an example, I can’t see the word ‘Prideisdead’ being used in many Google searches, though I’ve been wrong before. Give me a call if you want some help.

I am no expert but you should have good current practice of tracing all of your current incoming calls, closing ratios, and ROI with current advertising.

How many views to your website now? …how many of those convert into a sales appointment? …how many appointments convert into a sale?

If you know the numbers then you have all the info in deciding to invest into that campaign or not. Invest 20-25% for a [hopefully] 40-45% return. If the numbers do not look good now, maybe put your $10/day into something else?

If you have extra money to advertise… I would stick it towards whichever is method is currently converting the most. Of course you can give anything a shot, track it, and see what happens!

I heard Kijiji gets much less U.S traffic. So it wouldn’t be much help for starters.

I work with Roofing Contractors all over the country and most of them say that Google and Direct Mail have proven to be their best advertising methods. Some say Direct Mail offers some of the best returns and some say they can’t beat consistent traffic from Google. As a Roofing Contractor trying to generate leads/calls, you should honestly use both. Other sites like Kijiji, YP, social media are just a waste of time. Just my 2 cents from what I consistently hear…

Any tips on how to copy a link to Google Place for a website. Google is always changing and now you cant simply copy and paste in the link. I could only find a way to put the map on my site

Just click on your Google+ page and grab the url which looks like this: plus.google.com/104502191826157901192

Google is the best method for driving traffic to your website. Yahoo and Bing are one in the same and are second best but much slower than Google.

I spend an average of 200 per week for Google and 50 per week for Yahoo/Bing and have had the number 1 ranking for most of this year in my chosen areas, under my keywords.

I’m speaking of the paid methods and getting your company into the top 3 on the first page. Then there is the organic section.

Often times when I check my ranking, I will find my company listed at the top, middle and bottom of the first page.

I use the search networks only. The display networks are too expensive for my blood.

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

google is nice!!!

[quote=“LuckyChucky”]Google is the best method for driving traffic to your website. Yahoo and Bing are one in the same and are second best but much slower than Google.

I spend an average of 200 per week for Google and 50 per week for Yahoo/Bing and have had the number 1 ranking for most of this year in my chosen areas, under my keywords.

I’m speaking of the paid methods and getting your company into the top 3 on the first page. Then there is the organic section.

Often times when I check my ranking, I will find my company listed at the top, middle and bottom of the first page.

I use the search networks only. The display networks are too expensive for my blood.

Good Luck! :)[/quote]

Be sure to exclude your IP address under your account panel so you aren’t costing yourself money when you click on your paid placement :wink:

I specialize in internet marketing, and I always hear people say that “my website’s on google’s first page” (in the organic search results). Just a bit of advice I always give:

Many people don’t notice that Google personalizes your search results based on your search history. So if you are a roofing contractor with your own website, optimizing for a keyword “roofing contractors”, and you regularly visit your own website, the search results you are getting on your computer are probably skewed in favor of your own website, and not accurately representing an average SERP.

To turn of these personalized results, log into your google account, click on the search settings, and turn off your personalized results. This will allow you to see a “clean” search result.

Mike
Storm Damage Claims Service

A) I don’t click on my own ads.

B) My clients keep me informed as to what position they saw my ad in.

Internet marketing is best way to promote your business, Simple as I have also a roofing business with name of Roofing Gaint -Dallas based Roofing Company I already do. just hire a best SEO Company for organic seo work not too much costly they promote your product and services local as well as globally from this way not required to go door to door, the user knock your door for your produst and services.
I give you refrence once you discuss and explain what you expect from business they will suggest you best in very low budget. you should contact through skype id- “seocreators” or also mail info@seocreators.in the will help you definatly.

Social media, organic SEO, forum posts and content marketing - I neither use any of those PPC services

As a consumer, I’ve never heard of kijiji until I read in your post. If you google roofers the first 3 things to look at adds for roofers. then google remembers that you searched for roofers and pops up adds when you arn’t even looking for roofers anymore. I don’t know how cost effective it is but it is definitely effective at reaching people that might be interested in your services.

Im not really sure how great this going to go but I restarted a google adwords campaign tonight. I have used adwords in the past but I really had no clue what I was doing. This time around I set up a landing page with a/b testing and an ad with a/b testing. Ill keep you updated on our results.

earlier today while posting to this thread, I googled “roofing” the first 3 things at the top were adds, Now hours later I was looking at this website usatoday.com/story/news/nati … g/8589257/
just reading the news. A roofing add was staring me in the face. I clicked to follow the link. this is what I got
roofrinserun.com/?gclid=COnW … 7Aodl3sAbg. I’m pretty sure google is behind it.

Kijiji is useful a lot where I’m from. And I get a lot of replies from my ads. I can post free of pay to be top ad ect.

I pay about 150 a month and get maybe 5 jobs from it.

Haven’t tried google ads yet or Facebook ads but I’m testing what works.

I wanna hire seo professionals and see how that works.