Grumpy says Good Bye!

I’ve been roofing since 1998, owned my own roofing company since 2003. I have finally had enough. I have been miserable the last 3 years. I made the decision earlier this year to pursue something else. A few months ago I made the decision, but a month ago I made it final.

I am in the process of collecting about $40k owed to me and once everyone is paid up the company is closed. I haven’t answered the phone or replied to an email in months. Such a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. My book keeper said he hasn’t seen me smile in years, I’ve been smiling since making the decision.

I tried selling but no such luck, now I am in liquidation mode. Trucks, equipments, tools, nearly everything’s going.

I am going to pursue my passion for firearms and have become an NRA and Illinois State certified firearms instructor. chicagogunsmith.com Hopefully by the end of 2014 I will have setup a tiny little gun shop to build and sell custom firearms.

I’m also going to throw out a resume for anyone in the greater Chicago area looking for a roofing estimator or inspector on a contract as-needed basis, that’ll probably be my last post on this or any other roofing forum when I post that resume. I haven’t written a resume in over 13 years so have to brush up on that talent.

If anyone feels they want to chat with me for what ever reason, some of you already know my personal email address which will not be changing. However any email address or phone numbers including my cell phone related to my past roofing company I am trying to sell, or will be disconnected within a few months.

This is one of my linkedin accounts: linkedin.com/profile/view?id=37893189 I seldom ever check it though. I’ll be closing down alot of my social media as well, or setting to private and/or inactive.

[quote=“Grumpy”]I’ve been roofing since 1998, owned my own roofing company since 2003. I have finally had enough. I have been miserable the last 3 years. I made the decision earlier this year to pursue something else. A few months ago I made the decision, but a month ago I made it final.

I am in the process of collecting about $40k owed to me and once everyone is paid up the company is closed. I haven’t answered the phone or replied to an email in months. Such a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. My book keeper said he hasn’t seen me smile in years, I’ve been smiling since making the decision.

.[/quote]

With your new business, are you going to disclose to potential clients that you walked away from your business and ignored all communications once you made the decision?

I hope those folks you gave warranties to are understanding.

Don’t lose my number. And luck with the venture.

Pete has a point, but Grumpy is only one of 30-40 that has left here and other forums the same way. I couldn’t count the ones from around here that have done it too.

I’m sure someone will buy your accounts.

Good luck in your future ventures. Thanks for being on the site! Oh, drop by sometime and chime in on the forum.

Thank you for all you shared over the years grumpy!
Hope you do still continue to share from time to time.
Don’t discontinue the handle!
And I wish you great success in your possible new business encouraging the second amendment in an area where that freedom has been continually under attack from
Obama…democrats…liberals…

Grump, are you still on nrg? or are you signing off there too?

Best of luck in your future endeavours.

Good Luck, Grumpy!