Help with Website traffic and SEO

Hi,

We are currently building a new website. I am interested in SEO or keywords to direct traffic to our website. Do any of you know how to best do this or can you refer a company or service provider for this.

Thanks

Back-links from Signatures made on related forums are great.

Also, filling in the information on the free directory submission sites to be found in your local area.

Also, fill out and sign up for free Google Local, so your company and website URL shows up in the map content search section.

Ed

look up a company called netstuffers.

you can find their link on my website as well.

restorationindy.com

They just finished my website and they are pretty reasonable on design and google optimization. They have a few clients that have only been up for a month or so that show up in the top five on a keyword search.

In my opinion it is well worth the investment to have someone handle that for you.

We have been successful using Google adwords. It is inexpensive and has many webmaster tools to aid in selecting keywords and monitoring performance.

I design our company’s site and oversee our web marketing. I have also started my own web design and marketing company. I host all sites thru godaddy and utilize their traffic facts and traffic blazer apps. One of the most important aspects of the design process are the meta-tags and crawler codes provided by the search engines. These allow the crawler bots to recognize your site and increase your web visibility.

BTW, to any roofers in the St Louis market, please disregard above stated information as I don’t need any more competition. LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Google Analytics and Verifier make PR easy. I just looked at a Netstuffer’s site. Had plenty of netstuffer ketwords in it. Not sure that will help when roofing, but what do I know.

I think signature links are pretty useless, except for direct traffic from forums like this… I do it anyway, but have not seen any actual results… google just filter them somehow and gives those links VERY little link power…

To tinner,

Analytics by themselves won’t help you get traffic. They are just that - analytics.

Get a Merchant Circle account, fill out everything you can without signing up for paid services they offer (don’t do it - it will hurt you more than help you)

1. Fill out the links and point them do important pages on your site.

2. Extend your MC network … what I did - I searched my state for “roofing” “roof” “epdm” “construction” etc. and just added companies that had their profile filled out. MC is great at giving you link juice. I have 49 network connections there now, and as I get a construction relate connection, I delete various unrelated merchants… maybe it is bad… :slight_smile:

3. Write an occasional blog post at you MC account (not in their forum) and point links back to ur site.
    These blog posts will help you A LOT!

Here is what my MC page looks like: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Cool.Flat.Roofing.888-635-2876

Exchange links with other contractors - create a “construction resources” page and link it at the bottom of each page on ur site.

Read more here: http://www.contractortalk.com./showthread.php?t=48640

Good luck.

G gives that verifer code some weight too. I also use/have MC, LI, and several other places. And 2 blogs I try to find time to write on.
As fro backlinks, I’m not sure how they help, but many clients have found me from these various forums by my sig.

i need some more help in this area too. tinner we need to talk again some time.

To tinner,

what is LI?

post a link to ur MC page

Call again anytime Wadman. You have my number.

Crap, I can’t find the listing, itself. I just see the dasboard and linked members.
Search for ‘Albert’s Specialty Roofing’ in there.

THis shoud be the one for LI. linkedin.com/myprofile?trk=h … ack=%2Ehom

I have something at Bld.Trades too.

The best suggestion so far was Ed’s concerning Google Local search. This is where customers will actually find you 95% of the time, while some may come from AdWords or digging deeper into the organic results.

With that said, two factors can greatly increase your positioning in any search engine – links and content. In each case, the more the better.

Forum signatures and directory listings with followable links will help to some extent. As was mentioned earlier, they do not offer the same value as they once did and the days of fluff posting are over.

Still, all you need is a few links to rank well. Forget about Google PageRank. Do not chase it. You can still rank well without it.

Social websites such as LinkedIn and MerchantsCircle are more for B2B types of networking. Some consumer traffic may be generated from these sites, but I do not put much stock in it.

Getting listed in Angies List is real plus. We receive numerous leads and referrals from Angies. Maintaining a good record at Angies, of course, is dependent upon your services rendered – if you leave a bad taste in your Customer’s mouth, it will come out here.

I mentioned content. The more the merrier. We have a blog affordableroofing.net and has worked out fairly well for us. I recently rewrote the Company site last November and it is generating 45+ leads a month from the online request form. We cannot really ascertain how many phone calls the site generates, still working on tracking that reliably.

I am still adding content (when I find the time) to each site. Pages are short and sweet and focus on narrow subject matter. The more content you have, the more chances of being found – it is as simple as that.

One of my favorite roofing websites which has all the key design elements built into is Roof Life of Oregon rooflife-oregon.com . It is built with WordPress, and the owner, Pat Morin, is a natural born blogger and salesman.

I think getting search traffic for your website is easy. Never had a problem getting traffic. Getting that traffic to call you or fill out a form is another topic however – and that aspect needs your focus more than SEO in my opinion. Your website is a reflection of your company and needs to impel the potential client to enlist your services.

And BTW, I am a web developer for hire (except for roofing websites in the greater Chicago area around Aurora, IL)

[quote=“Liberty Roofing and Const”]Hi,

We are currently building a new website. I am interested in SEO or keywords to direct traffic to our website. Do any of you know how to best do this or can you refer a company or service provider for this.

Thanks[/quote]

You can increase your web traffic by using seo tools.Nowadays there are many seo tools available to increase your page rank.The seo tools are
1.Blog submission
2.Article submission
3.Forum submission.
4.Social networking
4.Affiliate marketing
It’s very helpful to increase your page rank,But it take’s long time.If you want increase your page rank quickly,paid seo service is the best one.If you need seo service visit thewebpole Here they will improve your page rank through keyword generator.Initially my website also got low page rank,so i bought seo service here.After that my website page rank increased within short time.I felt very satisfied with their services

Hi, How do you find free directory submission sites in our area?

[quote=“ed the roofer”]Back-links from Signatures made on related forums are great.

Also, filling in the information on the free directory submission sites to be found in your local area.

Also, fill out and sign up for free Google Local, so your company and website URL shows up in the map content search section.

Ed[/quote]