How long is your warranty in regards to workmanship?

Wondering what type of warranty ya’ll offer on workmanship? I have seen 5 and 10 years. Thanks.

5 year for low slope
10 year for regular sloped shingles
20 year for metal, standing seam

I use to give 3,about 8 years ago went to 5.

5 years will do it…many of the home owners will blame the roofers if someone goes on top and walks with shoes that will couse damage to shingles… after 3 to four years the shingles will not be the same flexible like they where when the where install…

10yr.

Hi,

5-10 years

5 here.

5yr Workmanship Warranty…any more is totally useless.
Any related problem will show itself in the first 2-3 years max. After that, like already said, problems are caused by other people. Plumbers, siding installers, satellite installers, “Joe” shovelling the roof off, Christmas lights,etc.

[quote=“HisBoss”]5yr Workmanship Warranty…any more is totally useless.
Any related problem will show itself in the first 2-3 years max. After that, like already said, problems are caused by other people. Plumbers, siding installers, satellite installers, “Joe” shovelling the roof off, Christmas lights,etc.[/quote]

useless?

look at it from a homeowners POV.

you come in with a $7,500 bid and a 5 year warranty

i come next, with a $8,000 bid, but a 10 year warranty.

then i explain to the customer that the $50 per year for the next 10 years is only an extra $4 per month over the entire course of the 10 year warranty, and if im willing to stand behind my work for DOUBLE the amount of time than joes roofing, doesnt that say something about how confident i am in my work?

and if a siding/satellite installer/plumber or whatever causes leaks, it will be obvious to me when i go do the inspection.

and i tell my customers, 1 year, 10 years, 30 years… i dont care, if i put the roof on, i’ll come look at it, and fix it if it was an install related problem. i just have that 10 year warranty on paper because everyone else does too.

[quote=“Agape”]

useless?

look at it from a homeowners POV.

you come in with a $7,500 bid and a 5 year warranty

i come next, with a $8,000 bid, but a 10 year warranty.

then i explain to the customer that the $50 per year for the next 10 years is only an extra $4 per month over the entire course of the 10 year warranty, and if im willing to stand behind my work for DOUBLE the amount of time than joes roofing, doesnt that say something about how confident i am in my work?

and if a siding/satellite installer/plumber or whatever causes leaks, it will be obvious to me when i go do the inspection.

and i tell my customers, 1 year, 10 years, 30 years… i dont care, if i put the roof on, i’ll come look at it, and fix it if it was an install related problem. i just have that 10 year warranty on paper because everyone else does too.[/quote]

Lol…that’s not a homeowner POV …That’s a salesman POV. You’re selling them extra piece of mind.

I come in with a $7,500 bid (peace of mind included) and convince them why they should take my company’s 5yr warranty over the guy coming in around the same price with a 10yr warranty. Done at mid to high market range. No low-balling.

And of course if you did the roof you’ll always go back to check any concern the homeowner has over workmanship…and fix it at your cost if so.

You said yourself you only have that 10 yr warranty on paper because everyone else does too.

out here, all mass.,maine, & nh state law requires is 2 yrs. if your roof dont leak by then its not a workmanship issue.