I am new to roofing sales

My question is, is roofing sales worth getting into? I have been doing apartment maintenance for 6 years. Getting paid 45k a year. I am 28 and consider my self really good at talking to people. I have a general knowledge on roof terminology. My friend has been trying to convince me for quite sometime. He makes great money!! The company I’d be working for is good. I’m pretty confident on being able to perform the job! One of my fears is insurance companies cracking down, because the kinda money he makes is like taking candy from a baby. And also is there a million of contractors just like me in nashville going to kill my potential. I don’t mind door knocking. I appreciate any comments, advice and suggestions on this. Thankyou!!! This a pretty important thing because I’m close to quitting my job soon. I hope it’s the right choice!

If you’re reasonably good and work hard, it can certainly provide you with an appreciably greater opportunity for earnings. Concerned about the status of the insurance companies? Tell me what sure thing you know of in life aside from death and taxes? Are you certain you won’t be fired tomorrow from the job you have? Are you absolutely certain the company you work for will never go bankrupt? If you’re that risk adverse, commission sales probably isn’t for you.

It isn’t quite as easy as it may seem. But it also isn’t that difficult if you’re good, you work and you work for a decent, capable company.

Worried about “a million competitors” in your area? Wouldn’t you be more worried if there were no competitors in your area? In other words, wouldn’t that be an indication of what the market has to offer? I tell our Reps they should really start worrying if they see all our competitors going out of business.

These are all normal concerns. I don’t know you aside from your single post so I can’t really comment if it is for you or not. You’ll need to decide that. To be blunt, you’re not leaving one of the top 5 jobs in Nashville. If you’re good at what you do, in the event the roof sales thing doesn’t work out, you’ll find another job pretty quick I would think.

Good luck!

Good points, thanks for the advice!

Enhancedrr is the only professional you will even need, enhanced roofing & remodeling with more than 50 years of experience; we provide superior quality flat roof in Arlington Virginia, Falls Church.
for more information contact at (703) 855-8638

[quote=“addytom1”]Enhancedrr is the only professional you will even need, enhanced roofing & remodeling with more than 50 years of experience; we provide superior quality flat roof in Arlington Virginia, Falls Church.
for more information contact at (703) 855-8638[/quote]

Are the rest of your services not superior ?? :biggrin:

Huh?? I’m confused!! lol on your advertisement!