Insuarance Replacement

Hey - Longtime listener first time caller here. Always appreciate the comments and expertise. Thought that I would start using the site on some topics and throw my 2 cents in where I can.

Does anyone have any advice/comment on possible successful situations where you are attempting to have an adjuster or supplemental pay for a full replacement after they initially are just approving a partial (slope). I recently had another one of these debates with an adjuster on a siding issue that had hail damage mainly on 2 sides but the vinyl had faded and degenerated so bad that there was o way to match the rest of the house - as usual my opinion was that we needed to replace the whole house to bring it back to it’s original market value but lost the battle again. Any successes or better suggestions on these scenarios , especially for roofs?

Siding is a bit tough sometimes.Especially when dealing with faded basically old vinyl.Some states are not a match state.Meaning if it does not match 100% tough.The requirements for siding from my experience is not by the square but by how many/much strikes/damage exists.Generally its 4-5 per elevation.

Roofing is much different from siding because damage has to exist per square instead of the span of elevation for siding.

No tricks or insider tips for roofing,if damage exists then the replacement is valid.You cannot debate 100% storm related damage.

Missouri is not a color match state.However 90%+ I have full replacement,because damage exists.It is really up to the adjuster with colors.They can say what they want BUT some of my replacements with colors were pushed thru.Meaning the adjuster agreed that enough damage existed to warrant replacement even though maybe it was soley based on color availability.

I just had a complete replacement on one that was initially adjusted as just replacing about 3 shingles. There were a couple of tabs blown off the South side of a hip roof that had a gable roof coming into it. The homeowner showed me his adjustment and I highlighted on his Xactimate takeoff what I saw as should have been the minimum replacement. This consisted of the entire South slope and the two gable slopes meeting the hip slope. The reason was non-repairable shingles. The South slope was non repairable and the East and West of the gables were non-repairable. They were all connected at valleys which made them continuous non-repairable slopes.

The homeowner got a second adjuster to come out for a reinspect and between the two of us we found a couple of wind damaged shingles on 3 other non-repairable slopes, which accounted for most of the rest of the roof.

When inspecting wind damaged roofs always look at the shingles by the ridge on the leeward side. As the wind travels over the ridge it creates lift on the shingles on the leeward side of the roof and can create damage. If I have several loose shingles I will slide my nail bar under some of the loose shingles and see if they have pulled through. Of course the key to a full replacement is non-repairable shingles.

When you agreement of insurance then company provide you all term and condition company clear his term read all term of agreement and solve this problems.

What the hell did he just say???

[quote=“ALLTEX Roofing”]

What the hell did he just say???[/quote]

When you agreement of insurance then company provide you all term and condition company clear his term read all term of agreement and solve this problems.

I think that is English Farsi and translates into I insured my camel with State Farm.

Its too damn late to be laughing this loud in a house full of people that are asleep.

[quote=“Authentic_Dad”]

What the hell did he just say???

I think that is English Farsi and translates into I insured my camel with State Farm.[/quote]

Lets see if we can Translate.

“When you have an agreement with the insurance company, they will provide you with all the terms and conditions. Make sure you read all the terms and conditions in the agreement and there should be a resolution for any problems you may have.”

Thats my best guess, anyone else care to take a shot?