Insurance pays for 20yr shingles but you can't buy 20yr

Another area where I succeed many times but fail many times also. They pay for 20 yr shingles eventhough you can’t find 20yr shingles anywhere. Some adjusters I can get them to pay for 25yr but some I can’t. Anyone have any failsafe tricks for this?

Its because you can get TAMKO shingles everywhere, and for some reason, they still make their crappy 20 year shingles. :evil:

tamko.com/ResidentialRoofing/3Ta … Glass-Seal

Certain Teed makes a XT 20 year I believe

Certainteed X-20’s,

Owens Corning Classic 20

Tamko Glass seal 20

GAF Sentinel 20

IKO Marathon 20

Malarkey Dura Seal 20

roofnrun,hopefully your workmanship warranties don’t reflect your username,lmao

[quote=“Roofmaster417”]Certainteed X-20’s,

Owens Corning Classic 20

Tamko Glass seal 20

GAF Sentinel 20

IKO Marathon 20

Malarkey Dura Seal 20

roofnrun,hopefully your workmanship warranties don’t reflect your username,lmao[/quote]

there are no OC, or GAF 20 years around anymore, and IKO only lists the 20yr available in canada. TAMKO and Malarky still offer it though.

dont you upgrade everyone to 30 year anyway? It seems most roofers are nowadays.

Roofmaster, I’ve got a great workmanship warranty just thought it fit what a large portion of the population thinks about roofing companies.

Crashnburn, I typically do upgrade them but regarding trying to get money from the insurance company I try and normally succeed on getting them to pay for 25yr because no one in our region stocks 20yr shingles.

You are correct Jason,I have not used O.C classics for so long that it was news to me when you replied.The sentinel I was told are still available.But it is not a stocked item.Where did you get your Tarheels plate???,Gutsy cuss you are being in the land of Sooners.

Damn,I thought I knew everything,Reality bites sometimes.lmao,

roofnrun,I was just being a smarta**,It was a joke.

lol. yea, takes guts to be a tar heel in the land of sooners!

I grew up in Chapel Hill. Fam still lives there. Dad and sis are Alumni, and little bro goes to school there now. So i go back often for visits, and last time I was there, picked up that big magnet. it was on my tool box for a long time, but my new truck came with a brush guard, and in the center, had a big mesh area, where the magnet fit PERFECT. I couldnt resist!

If in fact there is no stock of 20 year in your market, you should in fact be able to get the insurance to pay for 25 year 3 tab. Call the 5 biggest suppliers in your area including Lowes and Home Depot. If they all verify they don’t have it, send the Desk Adjuster the numbers and locations of those suppliers and put it on them to provide you with a supplier for the 20 year shingle.