Is my new roof installed correctly?

Hi! I just had a new roof done and they finished on Friday night.I took some pics of the roof because it looks weird and uneven The contractor used BP Everest 42 shingles in light grey and did the whole house plus the front porch and the car port.I told him it looks weird like there are very tiny rectangular shapes and then they get bigger , smaller and not uniform.He told me it was ok but I looked on the manufacturer website and there’s nothing like tiny rectangular shapes.Here is one pic.Someone please tell me if it’s ok or not!! New user only gets to post one pic
IMG_20211017_134714|665x500

I see nothing out of the ordinary in that picture.

2 Likes

Take a pic from a distance if it’s a pattern problem. It’s happened before…

I agree it looks normal, but not familiar with that particular shingle.

If you are uncertain whether the product is correct, ask them to send over the product order invoice, with the pricing redacted, from their supplier. It will then give you reasonable proof they installed the correct product and show you have no interest in what they paid but rather what was installed. I’d have no problem with that.

Pretty sure these are offset correctly each run. I don’t see anything unusual.

It’s a typical laminated architectural shingle. It looks like it’s just the way it’s overlapping. Nothing wrong with it the way it is though. Definitely not anything to worry about.

I see what you mean but I am not sure if anything can be done about it Not sure if anything is wrong but I agree it does not look good
I am guessing maybe it was a remnant shingle that was used instead of a full shingle if this was in the middle of the roof I imagine a full shingle would not have a small piece like that on the end