Just some photos to share

Not really any roofing content, just a couple of interesting photos.

1. View from the old Haliburton building in Houston.

1. I wonder if anyone can identify the following photos. Hint: They were not taken in Houston; I took them while traveling.

Everything but the new buildings in pic 2 make me think D.C. Otherwise I’d say Atlanta.

But I don’t get out much. :smiley:

i thought pic 2 was that tower in ottawa…

thats dealey plaza in dallas where jfk was assasinated

Roofboss, you would be correct! The first photo is of the grassy knoll, the second photo is of the book depository. If you’ve never been there, when you do go there you realize how easy of a shot it would have been from the grassy knoll; much easier than a shot from the book depository. From the grassy knoll the shot would have been on a target moving toward you, from the book depository it would have been a target moving away and laterally. It just makes you wonder. BTW, the steps you see in the bottom righthand side of the photo is where Zapruder was standing when filming the assassination.

" BTW, the steps you see in the bottom righthand side of the photo is where Zapruder was standing when filming the assassination.
"

When you put it that way, without any context, it’s just scary.

Specially in this era of camera phones, video and Youtube, and staged movies just for 5 minutes of fame.

It was strange being there, knowing that is where JFK was assassinated. I can’t explain the feeling, but when you are there you realize Dealy Plaza is much smaller than it appears in video and movies.

Severance,
The CN Tower is in Toronto not Ottawa but Ottawa is a much nicer city. Smaller but much cleaner.

[quote=“sanroof”]Severance,
The CN Tower is in Toronto not Ottawa but Ottawa is a much nicer city. Smaller but much cleaner.[/quote]

Im a stupid American that thinks the end of the earth is west of Interstate 95 :smiley:

hehe, as a matter of fact, my geography on this came from the movie Canadian Bacon, where I’m remembering that John Candy and crew went to the wrong city in Canada not knowing geography either!

I believe the two twin pink(coral) buildings are located just off Post Oak Road. If it is the complex I think it is, these were constructed around 1975 by a builder named Berlingie (may not be spelled correctly). Please tell me if I am wrong. These were built around the time harold Farbe Built the Carlyle, and we were eating lobster at the :mrgreen: Palm.

:shock:

It sounds right. Those buildings are just off of San Felipe and Sage.

I lived in Houston from 1973 to 1979 and watched a lot of those buildings go up. Also was employed by a firm in HOuston to do Commercial leasing and propertymgmnt.