Leister Uniroof generator size

Anyone use a leister uniroof 220 with a honda 5000 watt generator. Uniroof says 3450 watt. The honda says 6500 start up power and 5000 continuous. Also, I have an electrician buddy making me an extension cord 100 feet long, most cords for heat welders are 10/3, should it be upgraded to an 8/3 or go with a 50 foot 10/3. I don’t want to burn up the leister.

A 100’ 10/3 extension cord will be adequate, 50’ 12/3 and only run 1 welder off of a 5000 watt gen.

Don’t plug extension cords into one another.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have a 100 foot 10/3 my electrician made and was planning on only using one welder. I also have 2 handhelds that I run off 2 smaller Honda’s. This is my first 240v leister and I definitely don’t want to burn it up. I had the generator already and didn’t want to buy another one. We do some commercial roofs, usually one good size one a year but most of our work is residential.

You should be running a 7.5-10k generator for a robot… Youll need it for a good weld consistency. Buy a spider box. It will be worth the money spent.

We had a problem running most store bought generators as there is a problem with the voltage or amps not matching exactly and it can burn up the circuit board over time. Takes a couple years but it can happen. Ordered a new generator from the company we buy the robots from.

What size generator vs robot were you using?

Tony DiJiosia

summitroofing@hotmail.com

530 573 1825

PO Box 16603

South Lake Tahoe,CA 96151

CA Lic 828579

8000 running watts on varimat 2. The problem wasn’t the watts but the amps or resistance, can’t remember which.