Make a chimney cown cover

Ok the crown on my chimney is cracked, not real bad but I painted it last year with DryLok and it looked great but now it looks cracked again.

Its a small chimney single flue, could I make or does anyone sell a tin or copper cover that would go right over the crown and maybe have a lip that goes up under the chimney cap and angles down to look like a crown and I could silicone it on ??

you could probably bend one. and I would fasten it somehow. Tapcons or fluted masonry nails.

copper would be nice but probably $$$$$

Even see anybody make one ? Thought about bending and wrapping and rivit the corners. Then silicone the seams inside and spray paint the outside, unless you guys have some copper to send me

A copper cap would be nice.

Another product that would probably work is “Alsan Flashing”. Here is a link…

files.buildsite.com/dbderived-f/ … 331423.pdf

We use this product all the time to fix built-in gutters and various other hard to flash items.

What you would do is put a base coat on and then embed the fleece fabric over the entire chimney top and then come back with at least two finish coats.
You could turn it down the face of the chimney 2 or 3 inches as well as turn it up the liner and under the cap.

It is sold in gallon containers for around $70/gal and then the fabric comes in rolls of various widths.
Our roofing supply store sells it. You would probably have to call Soprema for a supplier near you.

I think there is a video showing how to install it on Soprema’s website.

Is there a roofing company in your area that has a full service sheet metal shop? I am the sheet metal superintendent of a roofing company and we custom fabricate all of our caps. Most of the time we fabricate them out of prefinished 24 gauge metal.

Real roofers have sheet metal bending capabilities and could fabricate a cap for you.

Maybe something like this;Copper Chimney Cap Flashing

[quote=“dennis”]Real roofers have sheet metal bending capabilities and could fabricate a cap for you.

Maybe something like this;Copper Chimney Cap Flashing[/quote]

One word…

[size=200]BOING![/size] :mrgreen:

There are some chimney companies online that can custom fab a stainless steel chase covers. I get mine from here, https://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/chase-covers. I’ve never been called back to a house due to those caps leaking. I’m not sure about Alsan Flashing, I don’t see what would prevent water from pooling at the top.