Metal Roofs Lasting a Lifetime = Roof Estimate Scam -Erie,PA

[size=150]**Standing Seam Metal Roofs **[/size]- Brink Kanga Roof agrees that standing seam roofs are pretty much a lifetime roof. They have a great reputation because they last a long long long time.

[size=150]The scam is…[/size]

[size=150]Exposed Fastener Metal Roofs:[/size]
In Erie,PA Some roofing contractors are stealing the great reputation of the standing seam metal roofs. They are doing so by selling and installing Exposed Fastener Metal Roofs with the “Metal Roofs Last a Lifetime Scam” It’s a fact that exposed fastener metal roofs don’t last long time at all.

Is anyone else seeing roofing contractors in your area using this “Metal Roofs Last a Lifetime Scam” and installing Exposed Fastener Metal Roofs?

Erie,PA Roofers - Brink Kanga Roof

Not sure. I have a tendency to ignore what others are offering.
When a potential client asks about it, I explain the difference though.

Hi tinner. Hope all is well.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but have you seen a big increase
in potential clients asking about metal roofs, etc.?

Come across it all the time.I tell people its BS.The rubber washers rot in the sun,paint fades,stell rusts.
People look at old barns that were roofed with real steel,and are not heated and think life time.
Guys put it over top of shingles,most don’t even strap the roof.The material costs about 50% more,just for the barn panel type,never mind the gable/eave? caps or straps,heavy duty eavestrough and hangers.Plus its just plan ol’ugly,Ive seen many nice home ruined with it.Sell them a heavy shingle system ,every ones happier

[quote=“ontario shingle wizzard”]Come across it all the time.I tell people its BS.The rubber washers rot in the sun,paint fades,stell rusts.
People look at old barns that were roofed with real steel,and are not heated and think life time.
Guys put it over top of shingles,most don’t even strap the roof.The material costs about 50% more,just for the barn panel type,never mind the gable/eave? caps or straps,heavy duty eavestrough and hangers.Plus its just plan ol’ugly,Ive seen many nice home ruined with it.Sell them a heavy shingle system ,every ones happier[/quote]

You wouldn’t have to worry about that “ugly” metal roof baking its life away over your buddy’s conditioned attic

very true SES!! :mrgreen:

Doing good Kyle! Wife is finally cancer free too. Been a long 6 years or so.
I hope you’re doing well too bud.!

Hey Albert, doing good also.
Roofing is a walk in the park vs.
what your wife must have went through. Amazing!
Congrats. I see you have kept your website
up high in the google ranks still. Nice :biggrin: