Need a website

Guys

I took the plunge and launched my new roofing company. I am looking into developing a website. Would godaddy be a good place to start? How much should I expect to spend to have my site developed if I start with a simple format and also to maintain. Any direction would be welcome.

Thanks

First - godaddy is a domain name registrar and a web hosting company. DO NOT have them develop you site.

Second - for your site you need content - good pics of YOUR roofs and interesting info for your potential clients.

Third - Most important. A site should sell you jobs. This means it should be designed to be easily read / convert your visitors into clients, but most important - there should be visitors to begin with. Your site should be optimized for search engines - SEO.

Read up on SEO - understand what it is and what you should expect from people building your site, before you spend the money.

Good luck

[quote=“LAMetalRoofs”]First - godaddy is a domain name registrar and a web hosting company. DO NOT have them develop you site.

Second - for your site you need content - good pics of YOUR roofs and interesting info for your potential clients.

Third - Most important. A site should sell you jobs. This means it should be designed to be easily read / convert your visitors into clients, but most important - there should be visitors to begin with. Your site should be optimized for search engines - SEO.

Read up on SEO - understand what it is and what you should expect from people building your site, before you spend the money.

Good luck[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Anyone have suggestions for a site developer?

tulsamarketingonline.com/

they are local to me, but are AWESOME, and affordable.

i spent about $1500 and $60 month for hosting and updates

Pls check our website and then you will get good ideas!

www.xjalu.com

Marshal spent a LOT more on his site than I spent on mine (for the development, anyhow; my price for the monthly hosting is pretty cheap in comparison, I guess).

Here’s what I would do…

1. Go to the address line on your browser & try to enter whatever name you have in mind. If it comes up with a “404 error” (i.e. cannot display), then chances are it’s still up for grabs.

2. I can get you a site built probably for around $ 500.00 & that would hold a LOT of content. Check out my site to see what you think. RanchHandRoofing.com

3. As stated, GoDaddy is ONLY for registering a website.

Review these threads for all the info you want to know about starting a site:

shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34639

shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43013

shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44227

shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10944

Ranch Hand,

I have a few questions about your website. First, it appears there are three guys with cowboy hats. One is old, one is young, and one is middle aged. Which one are you?

Second, I see you have a way to capture just e-mail and name. Is this so you can put them on an automatic e-mail list? If so, hows that working for you?

Thanks,
Outlaw

Outlaw,

All 3 are me… I’m the ONLY one in a cowboy hat you’ll see in the photos.

& All 3 pics are within the last 8 years, too (all the roofing ones are within the last 6 years; didn’t have a digital prior to that).

As for the ‘capture Email’ thing, if someone has used it, then I don’t know where the info has gone. Haven’t done anything with that.

My bad Ranch. The pic w/ the black guy and the one with the elderly lady in pink you look like a kid.

Is the website generating many leads? Maybe for the capture you could offer something like a coupon or a “guide to choosing a contractor”. Thats what I’ve been thinking about adding to mine.

I think the idea behind the ‘enter your Email’ thing is to send out “related info” or something, I dunno… but in the 1.5 year(s) that I’ve had the site, nobody has ever entered their info that I’m aware of.

& You should see my driver’s license… I look about 10+ years younger.

As for how much business it’s driven, I can’t fully say because I haven’t had any SEO done to try & drive more traffic. I’m kinda busy enough as it is, what with being a one man show & all that.

I do know that I am a lot more confident in that I can tell a person "OK, yes. You can go to my website & ___________ "

More than a website,what you really need is a Landing Page (a web page that visitors can “land” on from Google). This landing page should have your phone number, a contact form like you referred to, a special offer of some kind and a strong call to action (“Call now!”)
Most importantly of all, everything should be TRACKED so that there is NO DOUBT as to your return on investment. We do all this for very short money if you’d like to chat.

[quote=“Roofing Sales Leads 4 U”]More than a website,what you really need is a Landing Page (a web page that visitors can “land” on from Google). This landing page should have your phone number, a contact form like you referred to, a special offer of some kind and a strong call to action (“Call now!”)
Most importantly of all, everything should be TRACKED so that there is NO DOUBT as to your return on investment. We do all this for very short money if you’d like to chat.[/quote]

i have one of those. works AWESOME!

www.74agape.net

jason, i like the video

Thanks.

and im VERY sad to say, the guy talking, and who you see at the end of that video is my business partner.

over the last 4 months he has blown all of our profits on himself, and completely ruined our chances of making my plans work. he had a company debit card, and even with his most generous salary (10k a month, take home) he felt the need to spend 4 times that amount on … whatever he wanted.

so im about to give up my part ownership of agape, and begin my own business with my top 5 salesmen, and 4 of my best crews.

so the next video will have my ugly mug in it. lol

Its the craps when that happens…sorry to here Agape…

It will all work out for the better.

we started our new LLC last week, got our GL and work comp, found a 3,000sq foot office, signed the lease, got the website lined up, biz cards on order, contracts printed in one day, and sold 15 jobs in 4 days between 4 of us.

im not worried a bit. in fact, im relieved.

Man I hate to hear that Jason. Im sure you’ll be just fine. Whats your new company name gonna be?

Check the agape myspace page in my sig for the “updates” I just made. :wink:

New Website and facebook pages coming soon!!