Need help with choosing roof color

We are planning to use Certainteed’s Navajo red fiber cement siding (once they confirm that the siding comes in matte finish) with beige trim. Any thoughts on a charcoal vs hunter green roof (Timberline Prestique lifetime HD shingles)? Would love to hear back from the group. Any pictures, please post. Thanks!!

Charcoal, goes with anything, and looks good.

Hi,

Charcoal does match just about anything.

On a side note, If you trust CertainTeed for your siding why don’t you use their roofing. it is much better than the Gaf/Elk. Ask you contractor to show you the weight difference, and UL ratings between those new lifetime shingles.

[quote=“Liberty Roofing and Const”]Hi,

Charcoal does match just about anything.

On a side note, If you trust CertainTeed for your siding why don’t you use their roofing. it is much better than the Gaf/Elk. Ask you contractor to show you the weight difference, and UL ratings between those new lifetime shingles.[/quote]

I agree with Liberty that charcoal goes with everything.But depending on who you speak with the premium shingle preference will vary between the “Better” Certainteed versus Gaf delima.Most manufacture websites give you the customer the ability to upload a photo of your home then change siding and roofing products and colors.

Def. Charcoal with those colors.

Got to go with everyone else charcoal is the way I would go with the colors you mentioned

Jasmine,

Please ask a woman’s opinion. Most roofers are hetero men and really don’t see the world in colors. In fact, most roofers only see primary colors. Weatherwood, driftwood, slate, weathered gray, etc. are all fancy terms for gray roof. Have you seen how these guys dress? You asking them for what colors go together?

A realtor will tell you go with the predominant color in the neighborhood or you risk a deduction on your appraisal value.

[quote=“famous”]Jasmine,

Please ask a woman’s opinion. quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Must breath…Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.Ever heard the expression less is more? What do you tell your customers when they ask you your opinion of a color? Sorry Mr. Smith ask a women,I am colored blind.Can you tell by the way I am dressed?God thats funny.Just playing with you…I think[/quote]

Roofmaster,

I tell all my clients that straight men only see the original 8 crayola colors from the box. The other day I told a client to look for the red truck. He called me and said he only saw a maroon truck. My “Gaydar” instantly starts beeping. LOL. Let me give you all the manly colors that I and your Dad and Grandpa only knew: Black, White, Gray, Brown, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and sometimes the girly men saw purple. That’s it. There are no other colors just fancy adjectives.

Reminds me of my wedding day when my wife said the men had to wear “Teal” cumberbands on the tuxedo. I am thinking I know this girl is a hillbilly but man who wants to wear a duck as a belt. Turns out “Teal” is a fancy word for Green…

I think the charcoal sounds good, too.

I have not evaluated the different providers of cement siding. I am going to check out the Certainteed website to check out their product.

I would love to see pictures when it is finished!

(Also, I love all of the comments on colors and who perceives 8 versus 64 colors of crayola!)

How about the Moire Black?

No such thing as charcoal or moire black. The color is black. To be politically correct, we must now call them Afro-American shingles…

Ask a woman? Famous, you cant be married? If so there is no way on gads green earth you said “ask a woman”… :lol:

I think happily?? Rule: Women choose colors. Men choose tools, engines, cuts of meat, etc. Never deviate from your role in marriage…

With The earthy red and beige trim, the green is going to look spectacular. Why go with the “safe” charcoal? That’s like wearing brown pumps because they go with everything. It’s true, but it’s also bland and boring. The green will make your house stand out.

Don’t push yer luck, bub!

Jasmine, get a couple of pieces of construction paper to match you shingles and stick them against the house. You’ll see what I mean about the green.

It’s not true that straight men can’t choose colors, it’s only the men here.

;p

Real Straight men can’t choose colors. Scientific fact. Metrosexuals can match colors. Most roofers here are not Metrosexuals. Just look at the truck Roofmaster417 drives. Nothing gay/ambiguous about it. I’ve never been able to match a shirt with pants in my life…

4 Sisters to help when young

Wife to help after marriage

7 daughters to help now.

I haven’t bought clothes in years…

[quote=“famous”]Real Straight men can’t choose colors. Scientific fact. Metrosexuals can match colors. Most roofers here are not Metrosexuals. Just look at the truck Roofmaster417 drives. Nothing gay/ambiguous about it. I’ve never been able to match a shirt with pants in my life…

7 daughters to help now.

I haven’t bought clothes in years…[/quote]

You are a bonehead if you believe the chit you just said.(metrosexuals)LMFAO.

So, Rembrandt, Michaelangelo, Vermeer, Van Gogh, Warhol, all either gay or metrosexuals? I don’t buy that. There is this bizarre redneck misconception that real men like to look like shit. The fact is that most men can dress themselves and won’t leave the house wearing stripes with plaid. Don’t sell your entire gender short, we already look at you askance, like retarded children sometimes.

[quote=“famous”]Real Straight men can’t choose colors. Scientific fact. Metrosexuals can match colors. Most roofers here are not Metrosexuals. Just look at the truck Roofmaster417 drives. Nothing gay/ambiguous about it. I’ve never been able to match a shirt with pants in my life…

7 daughters to help now.

I haven’t bought clothes in years…[/quote]

[quote=“famous”] Just look at the truck Roofmaster417 drives.quote]

Which one?

2 2008 F450’s

2004 GMC HD2500

2005 F350

2001 Dodge 2500

2001 Dodge 1500

2 97 F250’s