Need Help with making a bid on New construction

Hello Guys. Im in the need of help on writing a bid on a new construction Job. Its a very big job. New construction.
I figure about 400 Bundles. Or however many squares.
The pitch will be about a 8/12 to 10/12. One story upto 3 story.

I need to write a professional qoute looking qoute.
Does anyone have a template to use?

btw i just started my roofing company.Im inc,wcb,reg,insured, licensed. Ive been roofing for about 5 years.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Heres a site i found for ducuments. Anyone know of others?

I need to know how to do a professional Bid on new construction.

any help be great. Here the link address.

roofgenius

Sorry, but no clue. Dsweet, Ad or one of the others will probably be around later.

We use Xactimate for our insurance quotes and most of our cash bid quotes. It doesn’t sound like what you’re looking for.

It’s really not that challenging (easy for me to say perhaps) to develop your own in Excel. May be rather rudimentary and fundamental but it sounds like that may be what you need at this stage of the game. If you aren’t an Excel guy, find someone you know and ask them to put something together for you.

I’ll be blunt here and please don’t take this the wrong way. If you just started a company; 1) Why are you trying to take on a larger job that likely won’t offer very good margins and you may struggle to cash flow; and 2) If you are just starting a company, seems to me you should be focusing on getting your “infrastructure” in place in order that you are prepared to actually do business. My point here is, it takes more to develop a successful long term business than being good at your trade. Honestly, that may be a clear statement about the sad state our country is in. Regardless, I believe that to be true. I assume you are good at your trade. Focus on being good as a businessman before you jump in too deep. At this stage, a few bad business decisions could ruin your endeavor.

I believe I am more of a good businessman that couldn’t make enough to eat if it were based upon my roofing skill. I will pat myself on the back though for understanding that and involving skilled tradesman along with consulting them and listening to their advice. I have the utmost respect for those hard workers who are skilled tradespeople. I’ll even go further by saying it saddens me greatly to see hard working greatly skilled tradespeople struggle simply because they don’t understand and appreciate the need to also be good at Sales/Marketing and Business. That’s why I try to help here whenever possible.

Best of luck, let me know if I can help.

Well i didnt really expect to get this job. Somone i know in the construction industry just told me about it and said to get my bid in.

Also ive beem roofing for ever ten years. I have two roofing crews and we specialize in new construction.

I just recently decided to create a company. But i keep very very busy subbing. Still making good money.

i just figured the pros would know what this looks like. I guess not. I know how to use excel and and all i just figured you guys would have a professional template to follow.

But thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

I proposed a very professional template, it comes with Xactimate. I could make as professional looking template as you’d ever want with Excel in an hour or two, it sounds like you could too. I think most people that quote often have a purchased system, such as Xactimate, EstimationPro or any of a host of others or have paid for or developed their own custom spread sheet quite some time ago. It is really unclear then what you’re asking for.

[quote=“Prideisdead”]Well i didnt really expect to get this job. Somone i know in the construction industry just told me about it and said to get my bid in.

Also ive beem roofing for ever ten years. I have two roofing crews and we specialize in new construction.

I just recently decided to create a company. But i keep very very busy subbing. Still making good money.

i just figured the pros would know what this looks like. I guess not. I know how to use excel and and all i just figured you guys would have a professional template to follow.

But thanks for the help. I appreciate it.[/quote]

400 bundles or however many squares that is. i think a bid is the least of ur problems. first u said u have been roof’n 5yrs then changed that to 10yrs. hope ur 2 crews know more than u do. good luck

Lol.
Nevermind guys. Thanks to the guys who actually tryed helping. I appreciate it.

Thanks i do appreciate the reply.

[quote=“Authentic_Dad”]We use Xactimate for our insurance quotes and most of our cash bid quotes. It doesn’t sound like what you’re looking for.

It’s really not that challenging (easy for me to say perhaps) to develop your own in Excel. May be rather rudimentary and fundamental but it sounds like that may be what you need at this stage of the game. If you aren’t an Excel guy, find someone you know and ask them to put something together for you.

I’ll be blunt here and please don’t take this the wrong way. If you just started a company; 1) Why are you trying to take on a larger job that likely won’t offer very good margins and you may struggle to cash flow; and 2) If you are just starting a company, seems to me you should be focusing on getting your “infrastructure” in place in order that you are prepared to actually do business. My point here is, it takes more to develop a successful long term business than being good at your trade. Honestly, that may be a clear statement about the sad state our country is in. Regardless, I believe that to be true. I assume you are good at your trade. Focus on being good as a businessman before you jump in too deep. At this stage, a few bad business decisions could ruin your endeavor.

I believe I am more of a good businessman that couldn’t make enough to eat if it were based upon my roofing skill. I will pat myself on the back though for understanding that and involving skilled tradesman along with consulting them and listening to their advice. I have the utmost respect for those hard workers who are skilled tradespeople. I’ll even go further by saying it saddens me greatly to see hard working greatly skilled tradespeople struggle simply because they don’t understand and appreciate the need to also be good at Sales/Marketing and Business. That’s why I try to help here whenever possible.

Best of luck, let me know if I can help.[/quote]

Hey guys.

Not sure why some of the people in this forum are so mean and uppity? But i thought i would try again.

Im gonna be giving a company a quote on some new construction. Its a fairly big job. Maybe around 50 squares. All flat 5/12 or so.
On is anyone have a template i can use to give a professional looking qoute.

Any help would be great.

And btw if all youre gonna do is belittle me and ask more qi0uestions and make me feel low please dont comment at all. Not really in the mood to be a keyboard ninja right now…lol. From what i read in these forums is people belittling each other and peoples questions.

anyways thanks.

Geeeez,400 bundles or how many square ??? Why not say approx.399.99 sheets of plywood ? (Give or take) or 33.3 rolls of felt ? Or 9 boxes of nails ?

Wow. Not suprised by the response. Everyone in this forum is so helpful.

Gee thanks.

Do you have Microsoft Office? You can make very nice proposals with their Word program. Import company logo or other images if you like.

I had my Gf do me up one. I basically just winged it…lol.
I measured roof out with proportions ect. Luckily my GF had a 4.0 grad average in university and is a pharmaicist. Dont ask me why shes dating a roofer…lol.

Anyways she wrote it out and all. Looks pretty legit.

And i got the Job.

Thanks for the help guys.

Uh…Good Luck!

[quote=“Prideisdead”]I had my Gf do me up one. I basically just winged it…lol.
I measured roof out with proportions ect. Luckily my GF had a 4.0 grad average in university and is a pharmaicist. Dont ask me why shes dating a roofer…lol.

Anyways she wrote it out and all. Looks pretty legit.

And i got the Job. - Thanks for the help guys.[/quote]

Good for you guys! Good job! Now track everything, keep everyone safe, and make the profit you anticipated to make. :slight_smile:

Just FYI - We use this program - and it’s core zip code based reconstruction data is used by major insurers - and updated weekly/bi-weekly. Final estimate can also be imported into Word, or just printed straight out.
http://craftsman-book.com/products/index.php?main_page=cbc_product_book_info&cPath=53&products_id=1010
You can have sub-total break-outs of a project’s various aspects, and lots of other “nuts and bolts” features.

We sell plenty of (defendable) insurance work with it. Plenty.
And unlike Xactimate - it doesn’t cost $1,200.00+ dollars a year.

(And don’t pay attention to the rude kids - they’re probably jealous) Ciao!

catcontractor@gmail.com