Need to replace a Thermal camera

My Flir c2 is dying. It’s 5yrs old. Been dropped a few times. It served it’s purpose. I need to buy another and would like to know if anyone has a newer model that they like. I’m not interested in spending $5k . I use it when we have that mystery leak. The C2 was not bad. It was a little different to hold. I used it to find those mystery leaks. Probably use it 10 times a year. I would like the hammer grip style. I’m looking at the TG267. It’s $500

I didn’t really have a problem with the C2, other than it’s a little hard to one hand it. The digital side by side picture wasn’t as clear as I would have liked, but other than that, it did the job.

I have a C2 as well and this seems to be a compelling alternative. I have one of their tough phones already as I’ve gone through two pIxel 4A phones in one year. Worth a thought.

I bought a FLIR one.
It works.
it just plugs in to the bottom of my i-phone.
You can find it for under 300.
I see there is a FLIR one pro out now for 400.

Ivoman: Thanks for the Ulefone suggestion. It looks like I could replace the phone we use as a credit card swiper and use this as a replacement, along with how rugged it is. I really like the endoscope accessory, but haven’t looked to see how much that is. Many times I’ve had to pull an airhawk off to look into an attic. This opens alot of ideas. 64mp camera is major upgrade. I’m going to call Verizon and make sure they support the phone. Reddit has some people asking the same question.

Roof Lover: Flir one pro. Yes, looks lke another good option at half the price. B&H has it for $259 free shipping. I"m going to spend some time looking at these, over the weekend. This one plugs into the charging port of the phone and use the screen of your phone.

Thanks for the ideas. I had went into this looking for the pistol grip or hammer grip style, thinking it would be easier to hold. The Ulefone flir and the Flirone pro, both have given me some good starting points,. Thanks again.

1 Like

You’re very welcome. The issue I encounter with my C2 is the battery is usually drained whenever I need it as it sits in my Pelican case alongside all my other contractor techno goodies. Seldom is it planned ahead that I will use the FLIR, and as so, I forget to keep it charged all the time. Integrating it with my phone makes more sense as it’s always charged and therefore readily available. Good luck on your search.

1 Like