Neoprene Chimney flashings?

I love the look of a Fresh chimney flashing. I used to work for a company that used 12" neoprene flashing and seam adhesive to flash chimneys. Has anybody else ever seen this. The company is one of the more Prestigious companies in my area and most of their techniques are flawless. I actually have taken one or two of their techniques with me when i left but i felt like that was just negligent.

That is my standard flashing.
I try to upsell to copper.

Never seen it.

is the apron,saddle and side tins neoprene as well?

empie, what company was that?

the counterflashing is the only thing they used neo for. The aprons and stepsflashings were always aluminum. Most saddles were shingled. I will tell you they always did quality work I just was baffled by the neo counterflashing. I dont want to publicly bash anyone so ill PM you the company name.

I thought seam adhesive to brick was a big no no

He probably meant Bonding Adhesive.

Ed

12" uncured flashing bonded to brick with ep-95 caulked at the top with a high quality caulk. it looks nice when they are done. but when the flashing cures and looses its glossy look it usually turns a greenish black color and i am sure it probably looks like sh!t at that point. i have never seen one after it ages but i would sure like to. this company started in the 70’s but im not sure when they started doing it this way.

a chimney through an existing rubber roof?

Im still unclear on how you can flash a brick or stucco chimney on a shingle roof with Uncured flashing. I can see installing the metal step flashing on the sides and a metal apron/front pan. Then you flash that with Uncured flashing using bonding adhesive on the chimney itself. But how do you flash off the top of the rubber? Termination bar with water cut-off? That would look like crap I.M.H.O. Why not use metal counter flashing? My Dad was a roofing guy that created innovations in the Ohio area. We have always grind/tucked the flashing into the brick/stucco. front pan, step on the sides bringing the first piece of step extending far enough down to prevent water from entering the corner, then dog ear the step back, then stepped or rake cut counter flashing tucked into the chimney 1/2", sealed counter flashing with a high quality caulk. The chimney flashings have outlasted the roofs. Of course we get the occasional customer that wants copper flashing with soldered pieces or terne flashing with soldered pieces–which is better. But we havent ever had a problem.

i am talking about a chimney on a shingled roof. mayniac that is exactly what i am saying except when i flash a chimney on a rubber roof i only use uncured neoprene maybe for field flashed corners at the most i always was taught to flash everything in rubber. and no they use no termination. i flash chimneys in aluminum coil stock pretty much like you said. i was baffled when i seen them do this the first time. they have separate shingle crews and flat crews but the shinglers have no concept of epdm specs and they acted like i was being ignorant for disagreing with this practice. i was just wondering if anyone else flashed chimneys this way. the owners are two brothers one oversees the shingles and one oversees the flats. they have been in business since the 70’s