New to roofing need sales tips

pretty much says it… :lol:

tinner, I think you’re being way too humble. LOL If your presence in front of a potential Customer is like your posts here, I suspect you present yourself and your company quite well. I also would bet you leave the Customer feeling very comfortable with your integrity.

I never said selling was a whole bunch of fancy razzle dazzle. In fact, I believe it is quite the opposite. In most cases, more is less and less is more. If you ever get tired and just want to sell for someone, please call me first. I know that’s not going to happen but one can always hope. :shock:

AD,
I think you are missing one key component. I learned this early in life from a Coach of mine. He even made up a new word (I think) STICKTUITIVENESS. You must be persistant and never give up. Add persistance to your list and you have nailed it on the head.

[quote=“ALLTEX Roofing”]

AD,
I think you are missing one key component. I learned this early in life from a Coach of mine. He even made up a new word (I think) STICKTUITIVENESS. You must be persistant and never give up. Add persistance to your list and you have nailed it on the head.[/quote]

Ray, I think that goes without saying. I think the qualities that make a sales rep persistent are often the same ones that make them come off as trustworthy. Persistence is generally the result of commitment. People can read the person that’s there for the quick buck versus the one that’s going to be there when they need them.

How you start your pitch depends on how the prospect answers the door.

It also depends on if you’re are canvassing after a storm or if it’s a retail lead. In this case lets say it’s storm related; however, many variables are in play on how to pitch such as was the storm 4 months ago or yesterday and how bad was the storm? Are storm chasers in town? If the door has been knocked 30 times and you’re are number 31.

My main pitch currently: Hi! I’m John with ABC, (or straight to) have you had anyone out yet to look at your roof to check for hail damage from the storm on so and so date? No! Well, I do roof inspections. If you dont mind, I will take a look at roof, take pictures if I see damage and let you know if you should call your insurance company at no charge, would that be okay?

Keep it simple and then rebuttal if you have to!

[quote=“roofinghotline”]When doing an estimate always go in with an open mind. One of the biggest mistakes roofers make is that they don’t listen to the potential customer.

If the homeowner wants a roof repair give them a roof repair estimate. If a homeowner wants a roof replacement then give them a roof replacement estimate.

You’d be surprised how many roofers ignore this advise. The homeowners typically know what they want so provide them with the best solution that fits what they are looking for.[/quote]

I have repairs on my front page of my site, I have however not repaired one roof in at least four years, as a trusted ally tot he homeowner, it is time to replace or it isn’t. Missing shingles? Insurance claim i.e.: new roof.