New To the business

I am new to the business. I specialize in flatroofs, but also work with pitched asphalt shingle roofs. What kind of insurance is best to get, and is there any license that is reqiured. I have been doing the work for a while now but this business stuff is all new.

the insurances you will need is commercial liability and workers comp.
i own a commercial roofing company in mobile alabama and do some custom houses slate,tile etc.
for the commercial jobs you will some times need a performance bond
so go ahead and tell your carrier to get you set up for one.
they will base the size of job they can bond you for based on your credit and assets.make shore if you get a job that ask for this bond you go ahead and set it up before you start ,it can take a while to get.
good luck.