New to the forum, with a question

Hi there,

I run a roofing company in Maine & have just found the forums here. It seems like there is a lot of knowledge & great roofers here so hello to you all.

I need some help with insurance. My General Liability Insurance company is droppping all roofers as of mid- April. I am in desperate need of finding a new company but my agent & the few others I’ve called say they’ve got no one that’ll work with roofers. Do you guys know of anyone or could you point me in the right direction of a GL company?

Thanks!

If you’re a member of the NRCA (nrca.net) there are associated partners…

CNA (constructioninsurancesolutions.com)

[http://www.nrca.net/rp/buyersguide/list.aspx?c=34]NRCA’s insurance page…](http://www.nrca.net/rp/buyersguide/list.aspx?c=34]NRCA’s insurance page…)

Check with them & see what the rates are like. Then let us know what you came up with.

expect to pay a drastically higher premium

cna has very extravagant requirements which may impede your ability to bid certain jobs.

register in Mass, somewhere far from boston… it will be cheap… i pay like 6k … it’s gona go up soon…but in RI i got quotes that were in 15k+ range…
what do u pay now?

Thanks for the help! I’ll give all of your suggestions a try. Insurance is such a PITA for roofers.

[quote=“levchik”]register in Mass, somewhere far from boston… it will be cheap… i pay like 6k … it’s gona go up soon…but in RI i got quotes that were in 15k+ range…
what do u pay now?[/quote]

Right now, I pay $3900, I’m just a small operation, mostly residential asphalt jobs. I’m sure I’ll have to pay much more but right now, I’d be satisfied with any company that will insure me. We’ve had no claims or anything it’s just seems like no one wants to do insurance business with roofers.

Hi,

CNA will not insure you. To small.

I think I’m going to lose my mind trying to find some coverage. I’m running out of time until my current insurance expires & just keep getting rejected. I get told that my business is too small, they don’t cover people in Maine or that they just don’t accept roofers. It’s really frustrating. I’ve called every insurance agent in my area none of them have a program for roofers, I’ve spent days online looking for someone, filled out about 50 applications and still no luck. Someone’s got to do it but I’ve yet to find someone.

Thanks for the suggestions earlier, it;'s appreciated

Hi,

Your state goverment must provide you with insurance coverage.

Your agent should know this. Or does and is not telling you.

The state insures everyone who can not find coverage. Then they find an underwriter.

[quote=“Lefty”]Hi,

Your state goverment must provide you with insurance coverage.

Your agent should know this. Or does and is not telling you.

The state insures everyone who can not find coverage. Then they find an underwriter.[/quote]

Thank you for the tip, I’ll look into it. I appreciate the help.