New Tools

We are outfitting another truck and wondering if anyone has any input on a electric compressor they like?

I’ve always had good luck with Emglo and Hitachi compressors. That’s just me.

I use Yamaha generator and dewalt electric compressor,hitachi nailers and most tools prefer Makita

I have 2 electric compressors and I don’t use them.I have gas roll aires, and my tried and true never let me down for 8 yrs solid…Dewalt.Starts everytime,cold and rain.I have seen trucks outfitted but I feel whats the use? To each his own, got the money…spend it.I would much rather spend my money on wasted materials,nails, broken shovels, broken tear off spades,lost hatchets,tapes,chaulk lines and flat tires from not using the $150.00 magnet that I bought.Don’t believe me? Let me introduce you to my genius crew of albert Einstiens they LOVE spending my money on dumbsh**

Dont know what your air requirements or portability are but my fav. electric compressor is one of these. It’s plenty portable (could fit in the trunk of a car) will run 3 roof guns (fast shinglers) and is not such a power hog that trips breakers every five minutes.http://www.roofing.com/images/topics/10538/img_1296052957.jpg

is not such a power hog that trips breakers every five minutes

When I used electric compressors I was a sub-contractor and kept blowing breakers. It was such a pain in my a** not to mention the customers.When I drew a job I was always stressed out wondering if the home had external electric and worried if there was none.It didn’t seem bad for me but some people are on a extremely tight budget and even the slight flux of they’re utilities can cause problems.I have a small Dewalt electric I used for repairs.My crews are equipt with gas or a gen,some customers are annoyed by having to pay you and you use the electric too.I know gas compressors are expensive but that is what I would lean towards versus elec.

I agree roofmaster I run gas compressors myself, but the op was asking about elec.

Right now we use electric because they are easier to fit in the trucks and close a cover for security, lighter, quieter, most people have no problem with us using power infact this has never been a problem. We use a generator when necessary.

I despise a thief.I hear of thefts so much.It is annoying,busting a** to afford something nice to better yourself and your business and your family for some speed freak’n junkie come and steal it and sell it for a fraction of what you paid for it.I put thiefs right up there on the level of sex offenders.I would have NO PROBLEM shooting someone stealing from my house,shop or trucks.

I have an 8 yr old Eagle 20 gallon elec. compressor that runs great. All I’ve ever done is change the oil once a year.
That and Eagle are Made in USA.

Whatever you do, don’t buy a DeWalt.
Mine broke 3 times and finally, their service center told methat they aren’t
made for Roofing despite them being advertised to be up to the task.

After all my research, I’ve found that Rol Air is making top notch electric compressors that meet Roofer’s needs.

They start at $250. and you can’t beat the name.

I’m going to be picking up a Rol-Air FC2002HBP6 for my next compressor.

dynamitetoolco.com/Rolair-FC … 02hbp6.htm

[quote=“2ndGen”]Whatever you do, don’t buy a DeWalt.
Mine broke 3 times
[/quote]

Was that Dewalt the gas Double tanky 5 horsey with a honda?If so I have had mine for years and it will start and run on Bacardi 151.Hahaha not really but a DAMN fine air pusher.I agree the rol-air is a great compressor,I have a couple BUT they will sit while my Dewalt gets to play.But I do have an electric Dewalt slanty looking little thing I use for repairs.I would not use it to try and nail anything over a couple square.

Any dual tank compressor with the Honda engine will be a work horse for years. Rol air is the best and anything below that…they use cheaper parts which causes them to break down faster

I am telling you, I have the DEWALT mascot of mascots.
I am not trying to sell anyone anything BUT I am rough on tools, I buy a new Hitachi nail gun every couple of months,I use tools harder than they should be used and this Dewalt compressor has had the SH** kicked out of it and won’t stop.If I was a technical savvy roofer I would be smart enough to take a pic and upload it (tried many times but always a failure)and show you this Frankenstein of a compressor…,uglier than a coons ass but works like a $500.00 hooker. :shock:

Was that Dewalt the gas Double tanky 5 horsey with a honda?If so I have had mine for years and it will start and run on Bacardi 151.Hahaha not really but a DAMN fine air pusher.I agree the rol-air is a great compressor,I have a couple BUT they will sit while my Dewalt gets to play.But I do have an electric Dewalt slanty looking little thing I use for repairs.I would not use it to try and nail anything over a couple square.[/quote]

Nope. If it were the Honda engined compressor, I’d still have it. It was an electric compressor.

What I was trying to say is that the dual gas compressors with the Honda engine will last a long time…like your dewalt…in my opinion the Rol Air will last longer…it is the cadillac of its kind.

Emglo gas power and a Eagle electric.

I have the Dewalt that 2ndgen is talking about.

Had it since March and for the most part, it can keep up with four guns. It trips breakers usually only when some knucklehead plugs the saw in the same outlet. Otherwise, I have a generator to run with it.

Dewalt 5.5 is the way to go.It will run 4 guns at ease.