New Xactimate Roofing Line Items

For those who use Xactimate, there are several relatively new line items you might be interested in.

dstew actually brought this first one to my attention I believe.

FELTL15 Roofing felt - 15 lb. - 4/12 and under This is to satisfy code requirements for a double layer of underlayment for slopes with pitch 4:12 and under.

Up until a couple of months ago, there was one line item to detach and reset a satellite dish which I believe also had the cost of retuning built into it. This is now two line items.

ELSDISHA Digital satellite system - alignment and calibration only

ELSDISHRS Digital satellite system - Detach & reset

Finally, there are line multiple line items to replace “eyebrows” and “eyebrow strips” although Xactimate has formal terms for them. I won’t type all of them but they are listed under RFG as Gable Cornice Returns. They have them for single and two story as well as for 3 tab and laminated. They also cover Gable cornice strips for 3 tab and laminated, one and two story. I’ll type out one example.

RFGGCR240 Gable cornice return - 3 tab

We have charged for eyebrows and eyebrow strips for some time now, get paid for them 90% of the time or more but often have to argue about it. I would hope having these line items formally part of Xactimate may now make that easier.

1 Like

[quote=“Authentic_Dad”]

Finally, there are line multiple line items to replace “eyebrows” and “eyebrow strips” although Xactimate has formal terms for them. I won’t type all of them but they are listed under RFG as Gable Cornice Returns. They have them for single and two story as well as for 3 tab and laminated. They also cover Gable cornice strips for 3 tab and laminated, one and two story. I’ll type out one example.

RFGGCR240 Gable cornice return - 3 tab[/quote]

I see they are underpriced like everything else in Xactimate.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on those items Dad.

1 Like

Thanks dad! Thanks for introducing few new things to me.

1 Like

Not sure if this one is new but it is HUGE and gets passed by adjusters all the time. Detach & Reset Meter mast for overhead power - 2" conduit. (Extra 240-500 in my area)
A lot of times they pay for your Menards or Lowes fascia metal but if you supplement for custom bent fascia it can add an extra $9/LF!